FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By mnwatson1
I just saw an ad for this water filter, Zero water. Supposedly it will filter water down to 0ppm, and even comes with a tester to prove the claim. It appears to be a pitcher/water bottle-based filter, not a under the sink system. Anyone use one or know anything about it? I've thought about getting a water filter for my own drinking purposes, but if I can get one that I can use for my CPs too, great! Any ideas?

UPDATE: I bought one and it arrived today! It came with a TDS meter. Before filtering, my water read 184ppm! It honestly does take it down to 0!! It even says to replace the filter when ppm reaches 6! I was pleasantly shocked! Now I have an easier source for zero ppm water if my rainwater runs out, and I won't be buying bottled water for myself anymore! Yay!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Last edited by mnwatson1 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tony C
That should work fine, I looked at the technical info and it is a DI filter scaled down to fit in a water pitcher. It won't be productive enough for a larger collection but if you only have a few plants it seems to be a good option.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same thi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!