FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
I gave up on November lol. I still can't believe I put the return envelope outside and the one marked for you, inside. I'm a special kind of stupid this season it seems lol
I'm requesting D. venusta x (capensis "Big Pink" x (x Hercules x self))
Can I have sarr number 27 please as my bonus? Thanks. I'll start getting my envelopes ready. My husband can double check for me

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
By ChefDean
Since the lines of communication were kept open about the mix up with the November SASE, that is still an active request. Am I correct in assuming that you still want the Coppertop?
Also, were you wanting the spatulata or the venusta? Sarr 021 bonus is good.
By Cross
That world be great. I do still want it. I can put that paper in with my December request. I'd like the venusta please. They're so daggum pretty.

By ChefDean
OK, Coppertop for November, venusta cross for December, but Sarr 021 is all spoken for. The only Sarr remaining is Sarr 027. You down for that?
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:OK, Coppertop for November, venusta cross for December, but Sarr 021 is all spoken for. The only Sarr remaining is Sarr 027. You down for that?
Sure. I don't like surprises, but I think I can handle this. Quick question though, since I've never grown a sarr from seed. They have to be cold stratified right? You store them in the fridge right? So can I just plant the babies? I'm planting a bunch here in a few days.

By Panman
Stratification requires them to be wet and cold to soften the outer shell. When they are stored in the refrigerator, they are stored dry. I attached stratification instructions I include with my seeds. I also did a post on stratifying sarracenia here.
Attachments:
(25.53 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
By Cross
Panman wrote:Stratification requires them to be wet and cold to soften the outer shell. When they are stored in the refrigerator, they are stored dry. I attached stratification instructions I include with my seeds. I also did a post on stratifying sarracenia here.
Thanks so much! I'm great with drosera. Moderately okay with vfts. Not with sarracenia. I'll read it now. I like to be prepared. Man of the pan, vip today.

Panman liked this

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!