FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DesertPat
Like the subject says, I haven't grown anything in quite some time (I had seed growns, maroon monsters, and jaws before but college happened, yaknow). Finally I'm getting back into it, I was at Lowes the other day when I broke down and bought one of their generics they get. It's decently healthy and happy, I've got it under my grow light currently and I'm feeding it freeze dried bloodworms as I recall worked well for me in the past. Anyway, I guess I'm just checking in here, any new developments in the field while I was gone?

P.S. Think I should repot now or wait till before next growing season? It's in a small cup with long fiber sphagnum moss, I really don't want to shock its root system pulling it out of that stuff.
By riveraXVX
welcome back, a relatively new grower here we rescued a couple of those lowes plants 2 1/2 months ago also if they are in the little 2" square pots if you wanted room to let it breath you could consider carefully working the entire bundle out of the pot and adding it to your larger container with more medium in it as to not disturb it too badly but still let the roots continue to stretch their legs, then repot when you normally would post-dormancy?

ours looked so bad to begin with I just uprooted them and put all 3 into their new homes without worrying much about shocking them haha (recovering nicely though!)
By DesertPat
riveraXVX wrote:welcome back, a relatively new grower here we rescued a couple of those lowes plants 2 1/2 months ago also if they are in the little 2" square pots if you wanted room to let it breath you could consider carefully working the entire bundle out of the pot and adding it to your larger container with more medium in it as to not disturb it too badly but still let the roots continue to stretch their legs, then repot when you normally would post-dormancy?

ours looked so bad to begin with I just uprooted them and put all 3 into their new homes without worrying much about shocking them haha (recovering nicely though!)
Thanks! I would have maybe considered repotting the day I got it bit I was at lowes for a reason and didn't have the time. Putting the whole thing in a bigger pot isn't a half bad idea though...maybe I'll get more planting media to do that with tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!