FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By xXpoisonivyXx
Would this work?
This beautiful table-top terrarium features tempered glass and a vinyl liner for planting and instructions. Fully functional and beautifully handcrafted, these future heirloom pieces preserve plants and are very easy to care for. The large surface area gives room for several plants of varying heights. This unit has a removable top and a solid, high grade plastic base. The unit is encased in glass to truly grow great plants. Quality constructed of metal and glass with wire accents. It makes a GREAT gift for that plant lover! Wonderful for an apartment. Please allow 2-3 business days to ship. Plants are not included. Not suitable for pets because they will escape.

Product Dimensions:
Size: 6.75 in. L x 4.75 in. W x 10.5 in. H
Approximate Planting Area: 6 in. L x 4 in. W x 7 in. H

http://www.finewebstores.com/Glass-Terrarium_p_10.html#
Attachments:
thumbnail.asp.jpeg
thumbnail.asp.jpeg (13.46 KiB) Viewed 4658 times
By dionaea muscipula
cool but shouldnt you put this in sales trades and wants
By watnazn
It should work for drosera, vft, utrics, pings and vfts maybe even highland nepenthes if your conditions are right. Just don't let it get too hot. And I don't think its really necessary.
By xXpoisonivyXx
I'm obsessed with victorian stuff and I want an enclosed (not airtight or anything) case for my VFT so I can put feeder crickets into it.
By Matt
xXpoisonivyXx wrote:I'm obsessed with victorian stuff and I want an enclosed (not airtight or anything) case for my VFT so I can put feeder crickets into it.
Sounds like it might not keep crickets in:
Not suitable for pets because they will escape.
By renesis
It can be made to work. If its fully enclosed, the humidity will go too high and the plant will be prone to rotting. You need some way to allow air to pass through as well to prevent moulds from breaking out. Would you be keeping it indoors? If so, you will need some bright lighting. Outdoors or being in direct sunlight might cook the plant.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!