FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
Well done. You have no idea how long ago you set that up? Even a ball-park figure would be good :)
By Matt
Siannuro wrote:I grow them outdoors here in Southern Arizona at high temperatures, and they are doing great!)
I saw your photo of the plant that Steve sent you and I thought that looked like a Southern Arizona back yard with the gravel and flagstone. Where do you live? I lived in Tucson for 8 years and loved it. I can't imagine how well VFTs would do there with all that sun. Unfortunately, I didn't grow them there at that time.
By Siannuro
Matt wrote:
Siannuro wrote:I grow them outdoors here in Southern Arizona at high temperatures, and they are doing great!)
I saw your photo of the plant that Steve sent you and I thought that looked like a Southern Arizona back yard with the gravel and flagstone. Where do you live? I lived in Tucson for 8 years and loved it. I can't imagine how well VFTs would do there with all that sun. Unfortunately, I didn't grow them there at that time.
I live in Sahuarita. It's ~15 miles south from Tucson. Where in Tucson you lived?
By Matt
Siannuro wrote:I live in Sahuarita. It's ~15 miles south from Tucson. Where in Tucson you lived?
NO WAY! I thought that back yard looked familiar. I too lived in Sahuarita. I still own a house there in Rancho Sahuarita. It's a Pulte home near the lake on Camino Ranch Cielo. Do you live in Rancho Sahuarita too?
By Siannuro
Matt wrote:
Siannuro wrote:I live in Sahuarita. It's ~15 miles south from Tucson. Where in Tucson you lived?
NO WAY! I thought that back yard looked familiar. I too lived in Sahuarita. I still own a house there in Rancho Sahuarita. It's a Pulte home near the lake on Camino Ranch Cielo. Do you live in Rancho Sahuarita too?
Yes I do! I live across Presidio Azteca (Our side is still developing so we don't have a Presidio name yet). Camino Rancho Cielo is behind the lake, isn't it? I'm new here and I haven't bothered getting around the place. If you have ever seen the series Weeds, it makes me think of Agrestic. :roll:
By Matt
Siannuro wrote:If you have ever seen the series Weeds, it makes me think of Agrestic. :roll:
Hah! It's so true! It's just like Agrestic.
I moved away from there 3 years ago, so I don't know the newest areas. Camino Rancho Cielo is the name of the road my house is on. The community is Presidio de la Madera. And yeah, it's on the north end of the lake by the boat ramp.

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

worm in substrate?

might be fungus gnat larvae

After sealing the wood, I would line the top pa[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!