FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By charlie
BrunoL wrote:
charlie wrote:We can work it out through pm's. PM ME!!!!!!!!
Already pmed you. Did you get it?
SgtSarracenia wrote:What is the shipping cost now? I got used to getting free shipping from group orders. What kind of fees and shipping split are we looking at so far?
The shipping cost now to the US is 40 euros ($42) for standard shipping or 50 euro ($52) for expedited shipping. The cost is the same if you order only 1 plant or 1000 plants. The more people join, the less each individual has to pay for shipping. For example, lets say that 10 people joined. Therefore, if we chose standard shipping, each person would pay $4.20 for shipping from Germany to the leader of the order (Charlie) and then $6.00 (USPS Priority Mail) for shipping from Charlie to you. Overall it is about $10.00. Doesn't that sound much better than paying $40 for an individual order? :lol:
Also, we do not need to pay for phytosanitary certificates since Wistuba ships via a US distributor.
Here is your total cost:

Shipping will be divided among everybody (including me) + each individual sends me $6 for shipping via paypal + the price of whatever plants you get

I need as many people as possible to really push the shipping cost
d
o
w
n
!
By BrunoL
ps3isawesome wrote:Can helimaphoras survive the long trip? From Europe to US and then from Charlie to California?

I really want the Heli Elongata
I agree with Charlie. They should arrive perfectly fine as long as they are kept away from cold and ,especially, heat. Andreas Wistuba has a guarantee that the plants, Nepenthes, Heliamphora or others, will arrive alive. If they do not, he either gives you a replacement or ,if you order something that is rare, gives you your money back. However, I'm not sure if his guarantee covers the shipment from Charlie to you. It probably doesn't; therefore, Charlie will most likely package your plants, rare or otherwise, with extreme care.
By Cory
The plants will arrive from aw in near perfect condition

They will need water and bagged off for quite some time as they are very soft.

They must be hardened off properly or they will desiccate and you will have problems.

These plants are not nearly as hardened as FTC helis so the proper procedure for acclimation and initial care will be very different
Cory liked this
By KissMegan
Okay I asked my brother for money because I'm a broke college student and he agreed to pay for 100 dollars of my order so I'm definitely in now :)
Since my birthday is near I'm just going to spoil myself, probably buy a little over $400 in helis so we're nearly to the discount right?! Haha
By KissMegan
ps3isawesome wrote:okay Megan, having $400 to spend on Helis is not a broke college student.
I really shouldn't be spending that kind of money but I guess I don't care I'll just live on ramen and protein shakes this month haha :D
By BrunoL
Cory wrote:The plants will arrive from aw in near perfect condition

They will need water and bagged off for quite some time as they are very soft.

They must be hardened off properly or they will desiccate and you will have problems.

These plants are not nearly as hardened as FTC helis so the proper procedure for acclimation and initial care will be very different
Thanks for the advice, Cory! By the way, remember that topic I brought up about Nepenthes Macrophylla cultivation? I've finally come up with a good chamber for it with the help of Jeff Shafer's article on how to build a Nepenthes Villosa chamber. It involves modifying a chest freezer with an external thermostat that controls the temperature to whatever is necessary. You can read about it here. Do you have any opinions on it?
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cpn/ar ... p20_23.pdf
KissMegan wrote:Okay I asked my brother for money because I'm a broke college student and he agreed to pay for 100 dollars of my order so I'm definitely in now :)
Since my birthday is near I'm just going to spoil myself, probably buy a little over $400 in helis so we're nearly to the discount right?! Haha
Lucky! I am only spending $100 overall for this order. With you we are definitely above the discount requirements since other people are joining! Thanks for saving us money! :D
By KissMegan
This is honestly just the best time for me to invest in some of the rarer species (although some of the ones I really want are out of stock). Maybe I'll set up a heli shop in the future with actually reasonable prices like wistuba in Europe :) (doubt any time soon but who knows)
By Alvin 415
I have a question on understanding the quantities on some of their items.

So for example, if I order:
Nepenthes hamata (G. Lumut, Sulawesi) - two clones
Nepenthes jacquelinae (West Sumatra) 2 clones
Nepenthes macrophylla (two plants of diff. clones)

I'm getting 6 plants:
2 identical hamata
2 identical jacquelinae
2 DIFFERENT macrophylla

Correct?

What's a little confusing is when you click to view the details of "Nepenthes macrophylla (two plants of diff. clones)" it doesn't show 2 pictures of 2 different plants. There's just one picture of one plant.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!