FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By BrunoL
It's going to arrive within a week?!?! That is unbelievable!! I better get the ultra highland chamber prepared... Thanks for putting this together!
By Cory
BrunoL wrote:It's going to arrive within a week?!?! That is unbelievable!! I better get the ultra highland chamber prepared... Thanks for putting this together!
It won't arrive within a week.

Ship time is usually 7 business days "approximately" for me so far but he won't likely ship anything until around the end of May
Cory liked this
By Cory
It's all good Charlie.
I placed mine a month or so ago. Sometimes it takes so long I forget about it and get shipping notification and feel like I hit the lottery because it's all paid for :-)
By Cory
Don't sweat it
Lfs/ perlite works good. 50/50

I soak mine for about an hour in RO water when they get here. Helis and neps both.
You can go longer if you like sometimes I do because I got other stuff going on or I procrastinated making media......

Bag them off and put them in your terrarium. And wait. Then wait some more.

When you start to see new growth it's time to start acclimation. Snip a corner off the bag and repeat every other week until the bag looks like Swiss cheese. Then you can remove it.
If at any point the plant starts to show the slightest sign of decline you are going to fast.

It takes me 2-3 months to acclimate a heli from aw. Don't get in a hurry or it will crash.

You can't go to slow but you can definitely go to fast.

Start over from the beginning and repeat
Last edited by Cory on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nimbulan
Thanks Cory I'll try that, I'll just be doing it without a terrarium. I made sure to order the species that are known to tolerate lower humidity well.
By ps3isawesome
KissMegan wrote:I'm so excited for the plants :) also kind of glad they may take a while to come. I need to make more space in my house for plants!!!
please show off your plants when you get them, you went on a super duper big haul
By SEWinans
KissMegan wrote:I sure did haha. I'm too excited for regrets! Honestly I don't think I could ever regret buying a plant though, only missing an opportunity to get one
This is too funny. Haha! I can honestly say I feel that same way. :)
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!