FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By NZL
mlrtime99 wrote:I asked that all of my vft were males so when they get large enough they will fight with eachother. :D
It's not a pretty sight. It's like cock fights but with traps instead of beaks and claws. Last year's world final was a B52 vs a Low Giant, in which the B52 won because he had a bigger swing range :D
By Budukai
Steve_D wrote:
Carpet moss propagates very quickly. You will notice after a while, if you look closely while you are watering from above, that dozens or hundreds of tiny little green specks float on the water and are deposited all over the surface of the planting medium when you water. These all grow into new moss colonies.
So that's what that stuff is, I was going to make a post asking if I should be worried about algae or something. 2 of my pots have these green specks all around the top part, covering the perlite, and leaking into the tray at the bottom. Does long sphagum moss actually come back from the dead or is this a different moss?
By NZL
Budukai wrote:So that's what that stuff is, I was going to make a post asking if I should be worried about algae or something. 2 of my pots have these green specks all around the top part, covering the perlite, and leaking into the tray at the bottom. Does long sphagum moss actually come back from the dead or is this a different moss?
Sphagnum moss can come back from very far yes.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!