FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By septembersapphire21
I don't have much room for a shelf greenhouse and I only have four VFTs, a nepenthes and two small succulents. I also don't know much about greehouses and I wanna try something small, and I believe that my nepenthes will benefit more from it than in my house and hopefully it produces it's first pitchers since I got it in April. Will this help with improving the temperature and humidity as well as getting proper natural sunlight?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MQ9QZZ4/re ... UTF8&psc=1
By MikeB
It will definitely help to increase the humidity (the flytraps won't really care, but the Nepenthes will). As with any greenhouse, be sure to provide adequate ventilation if it sits in direct sun. Otherwise, the greenhouse will turn into a miniature oven and bake your plants to death.
By septembersapphire21
MikeB wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:52 pm It will definitely help to increase the humidity (the flytraps won't really care, but the Nepenthes will). As with any greenhouse, be sure to provide adequate ventilation if it sits in direct sun. Otherwise, the greenhouse will turn into a miniature oven and bake your plants to death.
There is a door with a zipper to it, so I can open it halfway. I was considering keeping it out all day/night, so how will I be able to keep it warm inside during the night if there's a sudden drop in temperature? And how will I create the humidity in the greenhouse? Because I heard some ppl have a small container of water near their plants , but I wonder if the humidity builds up on its own.
By optique
Just a warning, be careful when using mini greenhouse's or domes. they can cause issues from mold fungus and most of all heat. I do use domes when propagating some plants from cuttings. I only do it with Nepenthes to accumulate to my home. My Nepenthes my stop pitchering in the winter but still grow like crazy, then mass pitcher when the summer comes back.

I put tropical plant cuttings in soil and cover till they grow roots.

this is how i make more sundews
By septembersapphire21
optique wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:17 pm Just a warning, be careful when using mini greenhouse's or domes. they can cause issues from mold fungus and most of all heat. I do use domes when propagating some plants from cuttings. I only do it with Nepenthes to accumulate to my home. My Nepenthes my stop pitchering in the winter but still grow like crazy, then mass pitcher when the summer comes back.

I put tropical plant cuttings in soil and cover till they grow roots.

this is how i make more sundews
These r good setups for your plants, and I'll be careful when I do manage to get the greenhouse.

How would I be able to prevent the mold and fungus? Also, how do I keep the greenhouse warm at night if I have it outside and the temperature drops?
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!