FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Ubereem
I live in Beijing, in an apartment. I currently have my plants outside in a window basket hanger. However, I was thinking about dormancy... Beijing is cold winters and hot summers. The winters regularly get below 0. My apartment however gets cold as hell. I would like to keep these on my windowsill for the winter, I have heard that this works. Will this work?

(also, I am sorry for not posting this in the dormancy thread. For some reason this site takes so long to load in China. A page takes about 5 or more minutes)
By Anthony4
OMG. 5 minutes. Why is your Internet so slow?

Where I live in winter it can go -20 -25 -30 Celsius. I just put my plant near a hot sunny window in the morning. Strangely, the sun is shining on weekends and dark the morning in week. Sometimes it looks like it is the night but it's 6:00/7:00am And it's getting dark really fast in evening. It's already dark at 4-5 o' clock PM

VFT plants get in dormancy when the temperatures are cooler with shorter days. So yes.

What about artificial light?
By taylerhill
I live in USA in Colorado where the winters get cold and summers are hot too, although not sure how our temperatures compare to yours. Last winter I put my VFT in my kitchen windowsill and it worked great for dormancy.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!