FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
Does anyone here own PRIVATE property and have Pings on their property in North Carolina? I am looking for some wild Ping Seed providing it is collected on private property and done legally as I am interested in some.

Sincerely,
Jonathan
By hungry carnivores
Almost Nobody does. Who wants a property that is boggy and often submerged in water. The people who own that land are either the Government, or likely people who don't care about CP's. My tip is to go look on Ebay and see what you find. Oftentimes it's illegal, but if you can find a person who is selling horticulturally produced seed from wild plants, it is not illegal, so I have less qualms about it, personally. Still, I try to avoid anything within a couple generations wild, with some exceptions.
Last edited by hungry carnivores on Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hungry carnivores
Also if anybody is to say my claims are 'baseless' I've crawled other forums and reddit communities looking for the same thing as you.
By Apollyon
Well, can't speak for wild but I'm currently crossing a Cyclosecta and Sumidero and it looks so far like it's taken. I planned on planting some and putting some in the seed bank (depending on what turns out)
Note to self

My tiny purpurea venosa (4 months after purchasing[…]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210509/cd6c0f2[…]

Alata deformed pitcher

It would be a lot more effort being osmocoat is sl[…]

Pest?

I'm no pest expert, but I wouldn't want any worm[…]

I got that beast from Mike Wang about 7 years ago,[…]

Is this normal color?

I was looking at my Judith hindle's today, they ar[…]

20 oz styrofoam cups from walmart are good insulat[…]

First vft and first post

This is my typical from Home Depot. I have had it […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!