FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By shannon starbuck
just like I told you in my profile I.m a biker I ride for B.A.C.A I'm 38 my wife vicky has 3 boys 27,24,15 my son is 10 I don't know cumputers very well but I'm geting the hang of it when I get it I'll send pics I live in ut & no I'm noy LDS :lol: if I give bad addvice please correct me tring to learn about my vft & get it rite just got my bike out of the shop after 7 months &would like to put a pic of a vft on the side so if anyone has a coll pic that I can use let me know. something that will stand out before I go on about my bike I also have a 19 month old grand baby she's the greatest :D I also like to have fun & joke with people but who don't if we didn't what kind of world would it be once agian when I figure this compoooter out I'll send pics no child should live in fear: shannon out :twisted:
By ModeratelyExcessive
It seems funny how the regular members here are either young teens or married adults with kids. :lol:

In any case, I'm somewhere in between. My name is Mia and I'm 21. I'm a college student pursuing a bachelor of fine arts in photography. I may go for my Master's later on and maybe teach photography. Photography is my first love, as you can probably guess. I fell in love with it at 15 and it became my creative outlet for all my teenage angst. I dabble in other art forms too like figure drawing, mixed media collage, graphic design and printmaking. And body art too I guess. I have a few tattoos and don't plan on stopping any time soon!

My subject matter pretty much boils down to human figures and still lifes. My "style" is still very much in development, but my work gravitates toward dark, gritty, surreal, obscure, metaphorical, etc. I love abstract & surreal art and anything that has an open meaning or interpretation. I like to be challenged when it comes to art, I don't want it to be spoon fed to me. ;)

Aside from art, I also love cooking and making drinks. Anything involving eating and drink, I am probably into. :D I love experimenting with ingredients, spices, sauces and cooking methods. I love sushi, I'm somewhat of a sushi connoisseur. I'm also an amateur bartender 8-) yes I will be checking IDs, young'uns!

I love traveling, which often goes hand in hand with photography. I went to Indonesia last winter and it was magnificent! I've also been to Denmark, Iceland, Germany and Mexico. :) Plus various states in the USA. I was born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, but also lived in Albuquerque, NM for a couple years when I was younger. I often miss the desert when the bay area feels too cold, gray, and crowded.

What else, I'm an animal lover, owned by two male cats which are pretty quirky. One is currently suckling on my shirt. :roll: I love all types of music, from metal to hip hop to classical. I don't exercise as often as I should, but I'm getting really into yoga. I'm half white, half Hispanic. I hardly ever watch TV, but I spend lots of time on the internet. :geek:

Here's a pretty recent photo of me, though I don't always look like this. :lol: I was dolled up for a metal show. :twisted: The guy is my little brother, he's 19. Yeah, I know. :shock:
By hackerberry
Wow, and he's your "little" brother. Can't imagine if you have a "big" brother. Thanks for the Intro Mia.

hb
By ModeratelyExcessive
hackerberry wrote:Wow, and he's your "little" brother. Can't imagine if you have a "big" brother. Thanks for the Intro Mia.

hb
Hah, yep he's pushing 6'2"! It's crazy. He's the only sibling though, no big brothers.
By English Springer
OK, my turn...folks know me as English Springer or E.S., but my name is Dave.
I live in the burbs of Baltimore but grew up in the foothills of western Maryland before heading to the big city and going to college. I grew up in a town that had more cows than people and days were spent hunting, fishing and playing some kind of sports
I am 47, married with three kids. My oldest is studying Arabic in Oman at the present and has travelled to Jordan, Egypt and other Middle Eastern contries. My other two are typical teenage boys, both into sports playing for their school and travel teams.
I got back into CP's this spring after having a nice collection of VFT's in high school which all promptly died when I went away to college. Besides CP's I enjoy astronomy, reading and football and have Ravens season tickets. I also like to fish and usually hit the Chesapeake Bay once a week to fish for rockfish (Striped Bass). I also have a beautiful English Springer Spaniel (my avatar) Maddy, who does everything with me and is my # 1 friend.
Being probably one of more..ahem...mature folks on this site I have really ejoyed the vast array of the younger member's posts about all kind of topics...What could be better than seeing Allen and Lily go back and forth??!!

I tip my cap to Matt for setting up such a great site and look forward to hanging around for a long time.

Of course, I always end my posts with...
Peace!
By lemonlily
Ahahaha!!!!!!! Nothing could be better than watching me and Ally go back and forth!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahaha!
By Aging_Bourbon
lemonlily wrote:Ahahaha!!!!!!! Nothing could be better than watching me and Ally go back and forth!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahaha!
don't you even think about it!
By lemonlily
To bad, I already thought about it. Lets see you stop me!
By grant
Me and Mikahla at Red Rocks, seeing Coheed & Cambria!!!
Attachments:
n704360036_8365489_1650803.jpg
n704360036_8365489_1650803.jpg (51.43 KiB) Viewed 7994 times
By Aging_Bourbon
Okay Here's my Really short version

Well you all know that I'm Allen, Im 24 and next month I'll be 25 Yay! I'm Native American (Navajo). I'm an "Astro"Physicist an I'm also studying Aerospace Engineering. Wee! Lol. I have a 9 year old daughter (Sophia). I live in New Mexico an I'm currently going to college at UNM (University Of New Mexico) an I'm a former NASA Employee fun times.. oh hopefully i get my Masters this coming spring hehe.. an I'm aiming for my PhD in Physics. I started growing Venus Flytraps when i was 4-1/2 well almost when i was 5. Made my fair share of mistakes on their care an learned from them. I'm sorry if you can't really "read" what I'm writing i suck at English Lol. This year had alot of up's and downs but everyone here on this forum was here to help me.. thanks guys.

Other things about me:
I'm a born Metal-Head, I play guitar and I'm "gamer" ha-ha. Another thing A LOT of people find weird about me is I love too collect Guns! Lol.

Allen,
By lemonlily
Yes, you collect a lot of guns, and it got jammed and you know what happened.
By dionaea muscipula
allenc666 wrote:Okay Here's my Really short version

Well you all know that I'm Allen, Im 24 and next month I'll be 25 Yay! I'm Native American (Navajo). I'm an "Astro"Physicist an I'm also studying Aerospace Engineering. Wee! Lol. I have a 9 year old daughter (Sophia). I live in New Mexico an I'm currently going to college at UNM (University Of New Mexico) an I'm a former NASA Employee fun times.. oh hopefully i get my Masters this coming spring hehe.. an I'm aiming for my PhD in Physics. I started growing Venus Flytraps when i was 4-1/2 well almost when i was 5. Made my fair share of mistakes on their care an learned from them. I'm sorry if you can't really "read" what I'm writing i suck at English Lol. This year had alot of up's and downs but everyone here on this forum was here to help me.. thanks guys.

Other things about me:
I'm a born Metal-Head, I play guitar and I'm "gamer" ha-ha. Another thing A LOT of people find weird about me is I love too collect Guns! Lol.

Allen,
wow your daughter is 9? i though she was like..older. awesome i am a "gamer" as well Allen (to bad my Xbox broke :cry:)
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!