FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By CarnivorousStu
Anyone know a reputable carnivorous plant supplier that I can get some of the rarer VFT cultivars from? Was looking for wacky traps and cup traps. I know Triffid nurseries sell them but from past experience, their plants are very small and not worth the money in my opinion
By bugman
Trev is a good supplier if dionaea (vftshop) but you will find most rare dionaea are always sold small due to their demand as the growers do not get time to grow them big and then the price will be even higher for adult plant
By Matt
CarnivorousStu wrote:Anyone know a reputable carnivorous plant supplier that I can get some of the rarer VFT cultivars from?
Another option is the FlytrapStore International:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/store/intern ... onaea.html

Total order cost is a bit high due to the fact you'll have to pay for a $25 Phyto and $25 to $40 in shipping, but if you split the order with someone and order a lot of plants, the cost can be spread out.

Also, even a tube comes with quite a few plants in it. Depending on how patient you are and how long you allow the plants to grow in the tubes before shipping, there can be as many as 20 plants in a single small tube. Most people get enough plants in their order that they're able to sell the extras and more than cover the total cost of the order. A couple of customers are buying flasks for stocking their inventory, though I don't think that they have started selling anything yet.

And once they're grown out and hardened off, they'll be much larger than the small plants you normally get in Europe (I know because I've placed quite a few orders with European vendors).
Matt liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!