FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By nimbulan
Benurmanii wrote:But then how do I tell the difference between filiformis and tracyi? :| I also wondered about the lack of light, but I thought that the glands at the end of the tentacle would be red in stalks that are typically all red, even in a lack of light.
In my experience, D. tracyi has much more densely packed, and slightly shorter tentacles, as well as thicker and generally longer leaves. D. tracyi is also considered a warm temperate plant, and will continue to grow long after D. filiformis (at least the typical variety) has gone dormant as long as there is no frost. I do not know if there is an anthocyanin-free variety of D. filiformis, but this plant could be one if it exists.
By minimao
You've lost me. If you want me to post more photos for you guys to look at, let me know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fishman
I never mist my Drosera plants. My D.Scorpiodes seem to be repulsed by it, as well as my Albas, and narrow leaf Capensis, Adalaes, and D. Binata as well. I would keep the soil damp and keep letting it catch bugs like it is doing now. Your plant does look good, so i would keep doing what youre doing now. Let the flowers come! :D
By minimao
Yay! Thanks! He has tons of new shoots and looks pretty happy to me, I'll top water when pot feels light and wait for flowers!! How exciting!!

By minimao
Another question, do you cut off the old stalks which are a bit mangy? Has lots of new sticky ones and am wondering if frank needs a hair cut??

By Fly Trap Hunter
hope I am not hijacking a old thread, but I didn't realize misting sundews was a bad thing. I thought they liked it. I am new to growing sundews. I guess I will let them get their water from the roots. ;)
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!