FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By samlikesplants
So, I have a 100 gallon terrarium that I'm going to turn into a heliamphora grow chamber with foggers, timers, and artificial lighting. Every book I've read and every post says to use T5 bulbs, but I feel like those are becoming outdated with new LED lighting (unless they still are better). Does anyone have any recommendations? I just want good coloration while still being able to keep the terrarium temperatures in the 70s. Thanks a ton.
By Shadowtski
I bought a 4 pack of LED replacements for 48 inch T8 fluorescent tubes. They are Daylight colored and produce 3000 lumens each.

They can go in a fixture with or without ballast.

My plants are happy with them. I have two of them in a shoplight above several side by side tanks. For a 100 gallon tank, you might want to use all 4 to light up that much area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LA ... UTF8&psc=1

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By samlikesplants
Daylight colored LEDs work as grow lights? I've only ever seen Red and Blue. Is there a difference in plant coloration?
By Shadowtski
samlikesplants wrote:Daylight colored LEDs work as grow lights? I've only ever seen Red and Blue. Is there a difference in plant coloration?
Daylight LEDs work fine as growlights.
The only difference is you don't get Reds as dark as you would using the Red & Blue LEDs.

Good growing,
Mike
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!