FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By orlenz
Time to change out my filters again, and thought I would see what other people are using in their RO systems, I have been using a 5 micron sediment filter with a 5 micron carbon block, then a 1 micron carbon block, then a filmtec 75 GPD membrane

I stopped using DI a while back, My tap water is 320 ppm TDS, after going thru my system it is about 12, if I use the DI resin it comes out at 0

I know 12 is fine for my plants, but would like to see what other people are using, I thought about going with a 1 micron sediment, 1 micron carbon block then a .5 micron carbon block then thru the membrane

anybody know if there would be any benefits to doing this, or would I just clog my filters sooner?
By thatguymike
i think using what ever filters that came with your RO system should be used. 5 micron carbon filter is what every system use but membranes might differ. its all about the membrane on how clean your water comes out so get good membranes.
By 209
You should have a second sediment filter after the carbon filter. Most carbon filters are leaky and will start to clog your membrane after a while. I use a standard 4.5" x 20" rolled filter down to 1 micron on the last stage before the RO membranes.

http://www.amazon.com/kitchen-dining/dp/B007BGCUQI

Source: I have a 4000 GPD system.
Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Dang. That is huge!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!