FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By snapperhead51
Hi peeps , ok this is for any serious nep, heli ping growers out there , I have seen and read a lot about what people are using for fertiliser on there plants even orchids , if your serious and want the best for your plants what ever they are , except cephs , sarras and VFT's and sundews , you need to get a fert with out urea in it , its not good for your plants at all !! you can read and hear all you want that the fert makes spin you with there chem annaliss and beifits , I am telling you all !! if your fert has urea in it dump it now ! and get one that have zero urea content , and you WILL notice the differnce !! if you dont belive me just try for your self, it will and can not hurt your plant like the crap with urae in it !!
that's my say !! suit your self s what you do , but I now only use Focus fert products and will not be using any thing else !! i do not get paid or get any fee bees or any thing else for saying this ok , Its just the real deal !!and will help you growing abilities by a long way !!
J
By snapperhead51
rhopkins wrote:My feeling is insects ONLY! After all that is what they grow the traps for anyway.
To answer your reply when you are feeding some possiable 800 to 1000 traps possiably more !! its just not possiable , i carry more than 400 adult plants so individual feeding would just take far to long !! and using fret's is a much quicker way to get the nutrients to the palnt as well , insect do provide a very good sorce of food ,but it will take longer for the plant to process it !!

J
By snapperhead51
Dubstep13 wrote:not that i doubt you but why do you say Urea is bad?
urea is made up from chems or similar as i understand it, , and put in to the fert as nitrogen, as a few plants in the orchid world do like this type of fert its used a lot ,and is put in ferts to boost up the nitrogen levels to indicate to people that the nitrogen level in this product is very high , that may be !! but dose your plant like the acid nitrogen of urea's , nepenthe NO !!
so if you use a product that contains urea, you can use a 10% solution to water to fert your neps but if you use a fert like Focus you can now use it at all most the strength suggested ok !!
J
an explanation is here of how and what urea is made from
http://www.blurtit.com/q815985.html
J
Last edited by snapperhead51 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By snapperhead51
to acid and slats to high !! what comes out from you body is it fresh clean or full of body salts and toxins ?? urine I mean !! think about it quite obvious ! I think !! but hay make your own mine up , its up to you in the long run , I know what I will use and will not use . :D
By Dubstep13
im no expert but urea is not (100%) "urine" and does contain Nitrogen still none the less.
Snapperhead51 to acid and slats to high !! what comes out from you body is it fresh clean or full of body salts and toxins ?? urine I mean !! think about it quite obvious ! I think !

"Urea is an organic compound It is highly soluble in water and non-toxic. Dissolved in water it is neither acidic nor alkaline."
urea is not full of toxins and body salts! my urine and sweat is! Urea is the main nitrogen-containing substance in the urine of "mammals". Urea is solid, colourless, and odorless. My urine smells like starbucks :lol:
if i piss on my plants it will harm them.

No where in any of your posts explained why Urea is bad for the plants you did say many times "you need to get a fert with out urea in it , its not good for your plants at all !!"
thought maybe you knew something....
anyways Snapper im useing a fert 16-0-0 for my vft and sundews and sickly pitchers(lowes) it is derived from urea. i have it diluted x2 in a mister bottle and i have filled pitchers and misted sundews and vfts. wish me luck! :) so far so good its been 4 days and ive treated them 2. anyways i started a post about it then stumbled onto this one.
Happy growing with your focus fert producs. :)
By snapperhead51
you are on your vft and sun dew's :) , ok I am 100% sure you well come back and tell me what happened to your plants in a month or so and good luck to you to !! think you will need it !!
yer sorry I know stuff all !!

J
By Dubstep13
please dont be offended! no where in any of my replies did i say "snapper head you are wrong!" i was just hoping you could explain a little more but its ok.

what are focus fert products i cant find them on the web?
what do you use for your plants Vfts/sundews/sarrs ?
By snapperhead51
ok np ,all cool ,I was coming back to change that any how ,sound so childish !! on my behalf ! though I was better than that seems not !! I do apologise !!
,OK lets have a friendly competition with our ferts ok , you use full strength on any nominated plants of your choice , and I will do the same here with my fert ,and see what happens ok :mrgreen: agreed !!
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!