FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By kronos1996
I'm not getting into one of those godawful Android vs. IPhone debates but I will answer a few lingering questions. Apple products are popular because they are extremely high quality, work seamlessly since the software and hardware are designed for each other and because Apple has been the leader in computer innovation for decades and absolutely dominates the mobile market. I'm not necessarily an Apple fan in all things but I do like their mobile products best and after the abysmal disappointment that was Windows 8 I'm seriously considering dropping a few extra hundred bucks to get a Mac instead of another windows computer. Only because of a lack of suitable alternatives.

The list of things Apple didn't invent first is very small indeed, even if you prefer another OS you have to at least thank them for inventing almost everything your device has which was reverse engineered and ripped off from Apple products. I need point no further than a 2 billion dollar lawsuit to show that this is common knowledge.

Heres an analogy, Yamaha makes slightly better pianos now than Steinway but one should never forget the only reason they ever made a decent piano in the first place is because they reverse engineered what Steinway invented. So no matter your opinion on the various OS you must give credit where it is due. Anyone can build something but it's the innovators like Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Henry Ford, Bill Gates and indeed Steve Jobs that drive technology forward at a faster pace.

I'm currently using an IPhone because I like the simplicity and perfection I find in it. Should I feel like getting fancy I can always jailbreak it and do whatever the hell I please to it so it suits all my needs just fine.

I hope I answered some of those questions being asked without being too long winded... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By cyph3r_gfy
Alright first and foremost, everyone's opinion on this subject is simply that... an opinion. The Apple lawsuit was vs Samsung and it was dropped on both sides, and technically the first smartphones were PDAs and Blackberries...

I own both an iPhone and an Android. Each has their strong points, and each has their weak points. No single company has the clear advantage. The only way to benefit completely from iAnything is to own lots of iAnything. The same applies to Samsung, and Microsoft.

Fans of anything will always have an argument against their competitors; that will never change. Let me pitch something new to you:

Apple fans (and Android fans) need to be thankful that they have competitors, because if they didn't you'd still be using a 1st Gen iPhone at $2000 per phone. Competition drives innovation forward and consumer cost down.
cyph3r_gfy liked this
FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!