FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Jawh4290
Hey, everyone, beautiful forum, and I did a lot of reading and....failing before I came. However I seen some amazing posts with a lot of helpful insights. However, I need your help.

I really transplanted my 2 venus fly traps, however, one is looking like a shrub (they both look like a shrub when I got them). I got them from a company named orchid gene. I transplanted them on Thursday night (Thanksgiving Night)

The one, I can see is starting to sprout (Picture one), the other one, is still stuck in shrub mode (Bottom picture). I keep them bottom watered, and I make sure the tray never goes completely dry. I've read mixed reviews about how they do need humidity, how they don't, etc.

The one thing I'll add is, they both came shipped in Ziplock bags, which I assume kept it's humidity. Now, they are exposed to minimal humidity. I had 2 more previously, I did the seran wrap which they told me to do , and they both died from Mold/fungus.

Also, I added both pictures of my Sundews I got with them. Just for show and ooh's and ah's. Do I have anything to worry about? Am I just in a panic or trauma from previous experiences?? Image
Attachments:
Plants 1.jpeg
Plants 1.jpeg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 2430 times
VFT3.jpeg
VFT3.jpeg (3.85 MiB) Viewed 2430 times
VF4.jpeg
VF4.jpeg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 2430 times
Plants 1.jpeg
Plants 1.jpeg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 2430 times
By Panman
Where did you get them from? It looks like they came straight out of a tissue culture. If that is the case, then they are going to take some time to start growing normally. Keep them damp and humid and they should come around. Also, what kind of light are they growing in?
By Jawh4290
@Panman,

Thank you for responding, using 4 LED grow lights. I can take a picture of the setup.

Should I seran wrap them?
By Savethetrees4life
I’ve gotten VFTs that look similar and I’ve read its due to hormone use.? It’s taken 3 months to get good separate VFTs that are about 1inch across. My grow room has pretty low humidity. It definitely doesn’t seem to be a necessity overall. But misting them is probably helpful. But try to feed them bloodworms as often as possible and they will grow faster so use a toothpick. Failure is part of success.
By optique
Tissue culture plants have to be hardened off over time. The only experience i have had with it is the 25 for 25 deal Matt has on his site. I just split them up and planted like normal, put them in a shaded area then moved the pots a few inches every few days until they were in full sun. Did not lose a plant.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!