FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By trooperkris
My leg brushed along a weed that was growing by my patio, but when I looked at it, it had a whole bunch of yellow bumps on it. I took a closer look, and they have legs... O.o
What could this be?
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (306.48 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
By SundewWolf
trooperkris wrote:Oops I forgot to say, I MIGHT have collected as many of them as I could, for studying and/or feeding to my drosera plants :3
Yeah, don't do that lol. Even drosera are no match for these. I wouldn't risk it & get rid of them as soon as possible. If just one wanders off and lays eggs somewhere by your plants its gonna be a bad day.
By SFLguy
I've fed aphids to my sundews in the past but after seeing that many aphids are born already pregnant, I decided against doing it any longer
By Drone232
Aphids have a very unique life cycle. During the spring and summer there are only femaleswho give live birth after two weeks after being born. in autumn males and females are born with wings who mate and fly off to find new places to lay eggs that overwinter and form new colonies in spring. Warning, aphids can be small enough to walk amongst the dewy tentacles without being caught, but their predators such as lacewing larvae and lady beetles are easily caught so keepthem off sundews.
Drone232 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!