FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By beckhamlim24
I dont think so. I heard that India have jungles. Maybe you go in and have a look and if you find any, go take the seeds or pluck it out. :)
By Darkrai283
Thomaspoul, in your profile, it says that you are from Goa but it also says that you are from Illinois as well. :?
beckhamlim24 wrote:Maybe you go in and have a look and if you find any, go take the seeds or pluck it out.
Nepenthes Khasiana is the only Nepenthes native to India and I also heard that it is illegal to take seeds, cuttings, or the whole plant from its native habitat anywhere in the world so I don't think that's possible.
By balaji hustler
Hai imma newbie too  nd I heard dat there r few nurseries n kochi nd trivandrum dat sells cps. and few em from blore r selling the live vft plants . da price ranges from 1500 to 15000. bigger da plant costliest it gets . I even tried to grow them from seeds dat I got from ebay and amazon but i received fake seeds from the sellers ! . Thanks to this forum  they helped me figure out that. And this is just to let u know the things I did to get some info about cps dat grows n india. I found a topic about carnivorous plants on the hindu newspaper on (28.8.13). so I called the hindu and got the photographer's number. (m.sathyamoorthy-photographer) he told me that I can find drosera peltata and drosera burmanii (shield sundew and tropical sundew respectively) during December. I also called vattakanal conservation trust and spoke to tanya (born in England and settled in kodaikanal) . she told me that there r only 2 species of cp found in the wild in southern india (western guards) and those are the species that I mentioned above . u can find tropical pitcher plant n himachal pradesh . drosera burmanii grows only in nilgris but on the other hand drosera peltata can be found in ooty as well as in kodaikanal ! . She asked me to notify her before my trip to these places .so she can give me some valuable information :)
Last edited by balaji hustler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tish
Adding "." Sure helps understanding your post better.

Although the last post was feb 2013. Beckham is no longer in this hobby and he has removed all his cps, he is not active in this forum anymore. I'm not sure about Darkrai. So I think none of them might reply you.
By balaji hustler
Well I dont expect them to reply , I posted this for the ppl from my country , when they search for cps in india they will surely come across this topic . And thats exactly what I need
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!