FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By hungry carnivores
I use Sakrete Play Sand, but I look around for the coarser stuff. Perlite works well too, I crush it when out of sand. Careful though - perlite can really damage your lungs so wet it prior to working with it, or wear a NIOSH certified respirator.

I use a peat:perlite mix, one to one. Waterlogged for most utrics. For Orchioides sects, I use lfs:perlite 2:1, and for some I use a slurry of milled LFS: Perlite 3:1.
By Do_Gon
hungry carnivores wrote:I use Sakrete Play Sand, but I look around for the coarser stuff. Perlite works well too, I crush it when out of sand. Careful though - perlite can really damage your lungs so wet it prior to working with it, or wear a NIOSH certified respirator.

I use a peat:perlite mix, one to one. Waterlogged for most utrics. For Orchioides sects, I use lfs:perlite 2:1, and for some I use a slurry of milled LFS: Perlite 3:1.
Thank you. The information is much appreciated.
By sanguinearocks101
hungry carnivores wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:22 am All I have is subulata at this point in time, you sure don't want it :lol: . I should be recieving a reniformis soon, so check in 3mo or something, it grows fast.
Are you still willing to do the trade?

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!