FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By optimus prime
Woah dean your a private chef! That’s so cool, I’ve been known to cook a few dishes myself. Like my bacon pancakes
By ChefDean
Bacon pancakes sound really good. Do you just put strips of cooked bacon on the batter, then cover with more batter? Or do you crumble the bacon and spread it around?
By optimus prime
I just lay the slice of bacon inside the pancake batter while it’s still cooking. Make sure the bacon is cook though
By optimus prime
I would try it sometime
By ChefDean
optimus prime wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:20 pm I just lay the slice of bacon inside the pancake batter while it’s still cooking. Make sure the bacon is cook though
Oh, of course cooked bacon. There's no way it would cook in the minute or so that a pancake does.
Now you got me thinking. I can brine a pork belly with juniper, star anise, cinnamon, bay leaf, garlic, and peppercorns, smoke it over hickory and apple wood, with a touch of alder, slice it thick, like 1/4 inch thick, rub it with brown sugar, and cook in the oven until crispy.
Cook that into some buttermilk pancakes with some huckleberry syrup. I'd eat that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
optimus prime liked this
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:
optimus prime wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:20 pm I just lay the slice of bacon inside the pancake batter while it’s still cooking. Make sure the bacon is cook though
Oh, of course cooked bacon. There's no way it would cook in the minute or so that a pancake does.
Now you got me thinking. I can brine a pork belly with juniper, star anise, cinnamon, bay leaf, garlic, and peppercorns, smoke it over hickory and apple wood, with a touch of alder, slice it thick, like 1/4 inch thick, rub it with brown sugar, and cook in the oven until crispy.
Cook that into some buttermilk pancakes with some huckleberry syrup. I'd eat that for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I'm hungry now.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By optimus prime
Same😂, can we do some more giveaways?
By ChefDean
Cross wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 pm
ChefDean wrote:
I'm hungry now.....

Me too.
I blame optimus for bringing up the subject after I had my coffee. My creative juices got flowing and I couldn't help myself.
Had he brought it up prior to coffee, I would have just hit the like button and moved on.
optimus prime liked this
By optimus prime
I’m gonna get some honeycomb and then seriously guys, giveaways!
By optimus prime
I’ve been waiting all morning
By optimus prime
ChefDean wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:39 pm
Cross wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 pm
ChefDean wrote:
I'm hungry now.....

Me too.
I blame optimus for bringing up the subject after I had my coffee. My creative juices got flowing and I couldn't help myself.
Had he brought it up prior to coffee, I would have just hit the like button and moved on.
I’ll put down a water wheel plant cutting. Wait do y’all even know what a water wheel plant it?
By Nepenthes0260
optimus prime wrote:
Cross wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 pm I'm hungry now.....

Me too.
I’ll put down a water wheel plant cutting. Wait do y’all even know what a water wheel plant it?
Cont me in for that giveaway :D ! I've been wanting to grow aldro for a while.
By optimus prime
Ok go to the thread labeled “species guessing game”
By optimus prime
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:54 pm
optimus prime wrote:

Me too.
Cont me in for that giveaway :D ! I've been wanting to grow aldro for a while.
I pm’d you

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!