FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nepenthes0260
@Chef, if you are growing outdoors, a heli would not do very well. I grow mine in an old closet which I have modified into a cool, humid grow chamber. Humidity is around 98% in there now days and temps never go over 72. This hybrid is easy, but still I wouldn't expose it to temps over 85. If you're wanting something new to try, I'd try a Darlingtonia. I think people overestimate how difficult cobras are, I grow mine right with my sarrs and it does well. It even flowered this spring. Just make sure to keep the roots cool, and if you do their top growth can handle 100+ temps!
By ChefDean
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:33 pm @Chef, if you are growing outdoors, a heli would not do very well. I grow mine in an old closet which I have modified into a cool, humid grow chamber. Humidity is around 98% in there now days and temps never go over 72. This hybrid is easy, but still I wouldn't expose it to temps over 85. If you're wanting something new to try, I'd try a Darlingtonia. I think people overestimate how difficult cobras are, I grow mine right with my sarrs and it does well. It even flowered this spring. Just make sure to keep the roots cool, and if you do their top growth can handle 100+ temps!
Thanks for the info.
I've thought of Cobra Lilies, but I'm gone during the hottest part of the day, so the roots would heat up. So no go on them.
Thanks again.
By ChefDean
optimus prime wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 pm I just tell my wives to suck it up and deal with it and they seem fine with that
Wives, huh? Are you from Utah by chance?
Panman, Ben Goudge liked this
Dormancy

Alright thanks

Delete please

You know what I have another great bible story. A […]

Venus flytrap dying

In the original soil they came in from the shop It[…]

Repotting

Lol I don’t know everything but I do know a […]

Alien

Here's some updates of how it's doing as of last w[…]

I got a new pygmy vft, this time with a noticeable[…]

Bainskloof Sprouts?!

Just want to add that I really hate moss and algae[…]

Those look incredible man. Mine are about an inch […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!