FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Synbadd
Hi all, i've just joind having bought a Fly trap and not wanting to kill it as i did so many as a child.
I have read that tap water, bottled water etc is a no go due to it's chemicals, minerals chlorine etc.

so far everyone suggests distilled water and deionosed water. my local supermarket here in france only sells demineralized water at about 1€ for 5l, will that be ok? i think it is but i thougt i should check with the experts.

And for the good of anyone else sharing my De-blah, De-Blah, Re-Blah water, "how many types of water can there be" sort of dilemma, can those in the know post as many "safe" names of water in this topic?

Thanks all
By Matt
Synbadd wrote:so far everyone suggests distilled water and deionosed water. my local supermarket here in france only sells demineralized water at about 1€ for 5l, will that be ok? i think it is but i thougt i should check with the experts.
Yep, that should be fine.
Synbadd wrote:can those in the know post as many "safe" names of water in this topic?
Deionized, deinonised, demineralized, reverse osmosis, rain, melted snow...that's all I can think of for now :)
Matt liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!