FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
@hungry carnivores, How do you go about doing that? I've reused some moss that was still in decent shape but you bake it?
By tommyr
I buy Besgrow brand from Amazon. Although the past 2 years I been trying it on a few flytraps and honestly they don't do any better in it over peat/perlite. I much prefer peat and perlite. It's easier to remove from the roots during re-potting (it basically just falls away from the roots on it's own). It's messier but to me easier.
By Sundeewz
mcgrumpers wrote:IMO regular bettergro sucks... Bettergro premium is great, but the regular one not so much.
I did not know that there was a premium grade version of Better Gro sphagnum moss until you just brought this up, and apparently I've been using it this whole time. Huh.
By Sundeewz
evenwind wrote:Lonquen (BetterGro's supplier) produces two qualities - 5-star and 2-star. So "Premium" and "not-so-Premium"?
http://lonquenchile.cl/en/qualities-and-formats/
I wonder if the 5 star and 2 star batch sometimes get mixed up because sometimes I find a clump of the poorer quality stuff mixed in with the premium grade.
Storing peat media

I leave it out, but that's mainly because I prepar[…]

Drosera regia Help!!!

I take it back, iirc, I used a soil mix of somethi[…]

Two in one! But what is the extra?

Uh oh! Looks like you have a Gigantea and a B-5[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0117. I'll PM[…]

Hello from Cincinnati, OH!

Welcome to the forum. This is a terrific group of […]

Cape Sundew Death???

You can leave the root partly exposed -- it will s[…]

5c4bde1e1d902506f034f3c7837ce875.jpg

Hello! Carnivorous plant newbie here!

Your grow list will grow like an Drosera intermedi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!