FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Joshuamarshall792
THANKS MIKE!!! you're effing awesome!!! I cannot believe how big this akai ryu is It already caught a pesky fly in my room and It Gladly snapped shut on it and that b52 you sent me was well fed and btw stupid USPS had fun burrowing my vfts in the dirt! I had to clean them up with my misting bottle with RO water by spraying all the peat moss off of it I'm very excited!!! These traps are wayyyyy over 2 inches on the akai ryu I think.... These are definitely the biggest traps I've seen!!! I'm super excited to have these! I am slowly building my collection Image thanks Mike! Here are my plants that are trying to get acclimated, I'm gonna put them outdoors fully once they are used to dry weather! But the b52 looks like it is ready!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Adriana liked this
By Magic Mutt
For best results with pictures, it's good to have a light source on the same side of the plant you're taking a picture of. Adrien is awesome at pictures. If u check out the pictures thread, you'll see what i mean. (Sorry not great at posting links)

That being said, nice traps u have there! Maybe a bit under 2 inches but I'd love to wrong about that! if u don't have a measuring tape but want to show off size, place a common used coin (like a quarter) next to the trap and take a picture like that. It'll give viewers a good idea as pictures can be misleading sometimes.

Or a lighter if you're in a different country that doesn't use common coins.

I will say... your excitement is contagious, I know the feeling tho. B52 was the first cultivar I bought. When I repotted it fell apart in my hands so I repotted in separate cups, as u see above. That was about a week and a half ago... maybe 2,
and they're even bigger now.

I can't wait to see your plants grow, hope u like updating

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

By Joshuamarshall792
I am amazed that yours survived well I have them in an open terrarium due to the issues with humidity here and these plants are still acclimating to our climate so here they are (heads up there is dewy in the picture since he isn't making dew yet...)ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

By Magic Mutt
That b52 will grow like crazy once it's acclimated to your sun. How much will it get? You have a good spot already? When you get it outside you're ditching the terrarium?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Apollyon's Grow List

I've had great luck germinating and cloning with a[…]

Will this interminable waiting never end?

Are you doing anything special to get your plants[…]

Hello from Houston Texas

@hackerberry , thanks so much for checking in on […]

yes it's possible I am overthinking it and becomi[…]

Is Cape(red) x sessifolia possible?

I just crossed these and was wondering if anyone h[…]

Therapy.

:lol: I love that film! haven't seen it in years. […]

What’s your... ?

Q: What was the species of your first nepenthes[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!