FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By demasoni
I'm trying to build my VFT collection, but most sites only have a few different cultivars. I saw a lot of different ones at Cooks Carnivores, but I've also read mixed reviews about them. Does anyone have any suggestion on where to go to get a lot of different cultivars at one place?

Thanks.
By Matt
I think that the best places to get a good selection are:
1) Cook's Carnivores - Prices are good, plants are weak
2) Carnivorous Plant Nursery - Plants are good, prices are high

Steve and I are _slowly_ building our inventory for the FlytrapStore with quite a variety of clones. I'd guess that by next year (which probably doesn't help you much right now), we'll be able to keep plants in stock and have quite a large selection. Here's what I have in tissue culture right now:
B52, Jaws, Czech Giant, Red Piranha, Pink Venus, Vigorous, Sawtooth, Cupped Trap, Dentate Traps, Akai Ryu, Holland Red, Justina Davis, Big Mouth, Low Giant, Freely Clumping, Yellow, Southwest Giant, Dingley's Giant, Bristletooth, Big Vigorous, Crested Petioles, Long Red Fingers, Paradisia, Clayton's Red Sunset, Dutch Delight, Royal Red, Sharks Teeth, FTS Crimson Sawtooth, FTS Sawtooth (or Microdent -- name hasn't been decided yet), Fuzzy Tooth and probably some others that I'm forgetting.

Plants that I'm trying to establish in TC this spring (some are already established but not propagating) are:
Fused Tooth, G14, Spider, Grun, Wacky Traps, Petite Dragon, Green Dragon, Gold Strike, WIP Slim Snapper, Scarlet Bristle, Maroon, Cross Teeth, Dutch, A2, UK Sawtooth form II, 1955, Bohemian Garnet, Carolina Red Traps, Trichterfalle, Megatraps = G17, Pygmy, Red Dentate Traps and Fine Tooth X Red. Again, I'm probably forgetting a few here as well.

Will that be a large enough selection for you? ;)
By Matt
demasoni wrote:Are there anymore Crimson sawtooth for sale? I was ready to order 2, but noticed that they were sold out.
I have some left, and if you wouldn't mind getting a couple that are just a bit smaller than I've been sending out, I can put them back in stock for you. I sold the last 4 today that were of "sale size" in my eyes. If you'd prefer to wait, I think I'll have more available in a few weeks.
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:I think I'll have more available in a few weeks.
I'm growing some FTS Crimson Sawtooth for sale at FlytrapStore.com also, but mine are a little behind Matt's because his were given a boost under grow lights and mine had to wait for the real (outdoor) season to begin. My Crimson Sawtooth plants are catching up now though and I may have some for sale too within weeks (maybe 4, maybe 6, maybe 8, who knows). :)
By demasoni
That would be great if you guys could put the Crimson Sawtooth on sale. I don't mind the smaller size. Do you guys also have any other cultivars that are close to sale size? I wouldn't mind getting smaller plants as well.

Thank you.
By Matt
demasoni wrote:That would be great if you guys could put the Crimson Sawtooth on sale.
Send me a PM or email (matt@flytrapcare.com) and tell me a time that you'll be online to purchase it (I don't want someone else ordering it), I'll put it in stock then.

I do have quite a few clones that are nearing sale size including Red Piranha, Jaws, Czech Giant and a few others. But most of those don't even have a product description in the store yet.

I think Steve has some B52, Pink Venus, Sawtooth, Fused Tooth and Justina Davis that are nearly sale size as well and will list them for sale sometime this summer.
By alabama
i would personally just order from flytrapcare.com
ive ordered from carnivorousplantnursery i got a large triffid a medium typical and a small typical

small typical very nice plant the large triffid a very nice plant the medium typical they could have kinda like not took TC off of it before they sent it to me but its okay

for a large plant from the carnivorousplantnursery is $25 your better off with flytrapcare =]
By twigs
Cook's isn't a bad site - you get what you pay for. Cheap prices means small plants, but they offer varieties that aren't easily found elsewhere. Honestly, Flytrapcare's store has the most potential of any U.S. seller. When they get some sale sized plants of some of the more interesting varietys, there will be no competition in the Dionea market.

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!