FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By NZL
Hmm, so CITES is only for endangered species yes?
So why don't you ship the flower stalks as being a flower stalk of a common plant on paper? Just look for a species on the internet that's not endangered and has a very similar looking flower stalk.
By Matt
sipecsus wrote:Hey matt my plants look like normal flytraps but I have alot of flower stalks would u want a couple???
Thanks for the offer sipecsus, but I think I'm good now. A grower in PA sent me a TON of non-typical flower stalks. I've pretty much filled up all of the baby food jars I have here in Boulder and the rest of them I already moved to my new house in Ashland, Oregon. I also have quite a few flower stalks from my own plants to still do, so I'll have to wait for some contamination or failures in the current cultures.
By Timmy
Matt wrote:I'm not entirely sure about the CITES rules for flower talks, but I'm guessing that they might be under CITES rules. I think that any plant parts are except seeds.
Well, my Dente is sorta all green if you want some stalks you can TC those, but btw sunlight does not cause redness, but I think if You TC that and them cross it with all green it will be an all green dente! If it is I would sure like some Credit :D
By roey benjamin marcus
I have a flower stalk that came up. Unfortunately, the top fell off when I was taking it off the plant and it's pretty small (I didn't know before I cut it) . If you still want it, I can send it. If I see any more flower stalks, I'll send them to you and you don't have to pay for the postage or anything. It's my way of thanks.
By Matt
Thanks for the offers Timmy and Roey. I appreciate it!

I think I'm much better set up this year in terms of flower stalks for most clones like Dente, Sawtooth, Justina Davis, Low Giant, Pink Venus, B52, etc. I'd be interested in flower stalks from any of the harder to find clones though.
By Timmy
Matt wrote:Thanks for the offers Timmy and Roey. I appreciate it!

I think I'm much better set up this year in terms of flower stalks for most clones like Dente, Sawtooth, Justina Davis, Low Giant, Pink Venus, B52, etc. I'd be interested in flower stalks from any of the harder to find clones though.
Okay, I'm buying Red Piranha, Fused tooth ( For you), and Green Dentate (have it)
By Timmy
Matt wrote:I actually am all set on Red Piranha and Fused Tooth as well.

I've never even heard of Green Dentate. Where did you come across that plant? Do you have any photos of it?
Yeah I'll see if I can find one.
By Timmy
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
By tejan24
by Timmy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy are you Ok???? :mrgreen: your funny LOL
By Timmy
tejan24 wrote:
by Timmy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Timmy are you Ok???? :mrgreen: your funny LOL
By Timmy
roey benjamin marcus wrote:I have a flower stalk that came up. Unfortunately, the top fell off when I was taking it off the plant and it's pretty small (I didn't know before I cut it) . If you still want it, I can send it. If I see any more flower stalks, I'll send them to you and you don't have to pay for the postage or anything. It's my way of thanks.
BTW you need a permit.
By Aging_Bourbon
Timmy wrote:BTW you need a permit.
Roey, lives in California man. You don't need a permit if you live within the United States.
Timmy wrote:http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy, that's just an ordinary Dente man, it hasn't gotten it's "color" yet.
By Timmy
allenc666 wrote:
Timmy wrote:BTW you need a permit.
Roey, lives in California man. You don't need a permit if you live within the United States.
Timmy wrote:http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy, that's just an ordinary Dente man, it hasn't gotten it's "color" yet.
Sure....
By roey benjamin marcus
Yeah, I live in the US. I can send it without anythin'!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!