FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By NZL
Posts:  489
Joined:  Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:28 am
#12101
Hmm, so CITES is only for endangered species yes?
So why don't you ship the flower stalks as being a flower stalk of a common plant on paper? Just look for a species on the internet that's not endangered and has a very similar looking flower stalk.
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21191
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#12206
sipecsus wrote:Hey matt my plants look like normal flytraps but I have alot of flower stalks would u want a couple???
Thanks for the offer sipecsus, but I think I'm good now. A grower in PA sent me a TON of non-typical flower stalks. I've pretty much filled up all of the baby food jars I have here in Boulder and the rest of them I already moved to my new house in Ashland, Oregon. I also have quite a few flower stalks from my own plants to still do, so I'll have to wait for some contamination or failures in the current cultures.
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45386
Matt wrote:I'm not entirely sure about the CITES rules for flower talks, but I'm guessing that they might be under CITES rules. I think that any plant parts are except seeds.
Well, my Dente is sorta all green if you want some stalks you can TC those, but btw sunlight does not cause redness, but I think if You TC that and them cross it with all green it will be an all green dente! If it is I would sure like some Credit :D
By roey benjamin marcus
Location: 
Posts:  694
Joined:  Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 pm
#45461
I have a flower stalk that came up. Unfortunately, the top fell off when I was taking it off the plant and it's pretty small (I didn't know before I cut it) . If you still want it, I can send it. If I see any more flower stalks, I'll send them to you and you don't have to pay for the postage or anything. It's my way of thanks.
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21191
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#45562
Thanks for the offers Timmy and Roey. I appreciate it!

I think I'm much better set up this year in terms of flower stalks for most clones like Dente, Sawtooth, Justina Davis, Low Giant, Pink Venus, B52, etc. I'd be interested in flower stalks from any of the harder to find clones though.
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45595
Matt wrote:Thanks for the offers Timmy and Roey. I appreciate it!

I think I'm much better set up this year in terms of flower stalks for most clones like Dente, Sawtooth, Justina Davis, Low Giant, Pink Venus, B52, etc. I'd be interested in flower stalks from any of the harder to find clones though.
Okay, I'm buying Red Piranha, Fused tooth ( For you), and Green Dentate (have it)
User avatar
By Matt
Location: 
Posts:  21191
Joined:  Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm
#45882
I actually am all set on Red Piranha and Fused Tooth as well.

I've never even heard of Green Dentate. Where did you come across that plant? Do you have any photos of it?
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45901
Matt wrote:I actually am all set on Red Piranha and Fused Tooth as well.

I've never even heard of Green Dentate. Where did you come across that plant? Do you have any photos of it?
Yeah I'll see if I can find one.
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45903
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
By tejan24
Location: 
Posts:  431
Joined:  Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:48 am
#45904
by Timmy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy are you Ok???? :mrgreen: your funny LOL
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45907
tejan24 wrote:
by Timmy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy are you Ok???? :mrgreen: your funny LOL
...
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45919
roey benjamin marcus wrote:I have a flower stalk that came up. Unfortunately, the top fell off when I was taking it off the plant and it's pretty small (I didn't know before I cut it) . If you still want it, I can send it. If I see any more flower stalks, I'll send them to you and you don't have to pay for the postage or anything. It's my way of thanks.
BTW you need a permit.
By Aging_Bourbon
Location: 
Posts:  2799
Joined:  Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:14 pm
#45938
Timmy wrote:BTW you need a permit.
Roey, lives in California man. You don't need a permit if you live within the United States.
Timmy wrote:http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy, that's just an ordinary Dente man, it hasn't gotten it's "color" yet.
By Timmy
Location: 
Posts:  319
Joined:  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 pm
#45943
allenc666 wrote:
Timmy wrote:BTW you need a permit.
Roey, lives in California man. You don't need a permit if you live within the United States.
Timmy wrote:http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/661/83507653.jpg Mine looks just like that. I doubt mine is a Green dentate but I will cross it a few times to see what I get. That one for sure is though.
Timmy, that's just an ordinary Dente man, it hasn't gotten it's "color" yet.
Sure....
By roey benjamin marcus
Location: 
Posts:  694
Joined:  Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 pm
#45956
Yeah, I live in the US. I can send it without anythin'!
Steroids for fly traps

I took it a step further lol. Thanks to this artic[…]

Pot

To get rid of the soul of the dead plant, contac[…]

Hi folks, do you think the Drosera on the left is […]

'Flytrap Dormancy is Not Necessary' EXPERIMENT

I'm very conflicted. I think it's possible with we[…]

I have two of these plants available. Both are a f[…]

Looking for Sun Pitcher :)

I have a heterodoxa x nutans division available!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200810/ca133e9[…]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200810/ab630ba[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!