FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
Hey everyone. So I have vfts, sundews, sarracenia, but no neps. I would like to get something that already has pitchers growing. I don't want to spend too much, because he would be my first nep. I live in PA, so it won't be super tropical all year round. He'll come inside for the winter. What do you think is a good species for beginners, that still have attractive or interesting pitchers? Is anyone selling any of theirs? Thanks for the advice and happy eating!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By That one plant boi
Nepenthes Cecilia from pear river exotics seems to be a good choice. Grows and pitchers well in typical room humidity. It was about fifteen dollars. Also, it turns red under bright lights! How cool! Image

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By CpKid
I've had a N. Ventricosa Hybrid that has grown amazingly well, surviving drought (Yes,That happened when I was younger), low humidity and low temperature. They're usually pretty inexpensive, I got my plant for less than $20 at english gardens. It now has a 6ft+ stem and 6inch pitchers. So, just my 2 cents, I would certainly recommend one of those.
By Mpott302
I’ve had a n ventrata for about a year. I live in Delaware. It loved it on a screened in porch all summer. I have a couple cuttings of something (not sure yet) I got from a greenhouse. They’re in water hopefully rooting right now. I can send you one if they take root. Only problem with that is it may be a couple months
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!