FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By iamjacksplants
That sounds pretty spot on! My only suggestion would be to up the photo period to 16 hours a day and perhaps put small pots or something like that under the plants to get them a little closer to the light, depending upon your setup.

I did recently aquire some 20 watt 2 foot LEDs. I have noticed that the helis under those lights seem slightly more rubust and vigorous than the ones I have under T5s.

I also use maxsea weekly and feed crickets from time to time - once a month or so.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Slightly cooler nights may also lead to more red coloration, if you're into that. Say 56 to 58.

I have also noticed more pronounced growth in the plants that I have switched to the mix recommended in the link as opposed to a peat based mix.

Happy growing!
-@.
By Hungry Plants
iamjacksplants wrote:That sounds pretty spot on! My only suggestion would be to up the photo period to 16 hours a day and perhaps put small pots or something like that under the plants to get them a little closer to the light, depending upon your setup.

I did recently aquire some 20 watt 2 foot LEDs. I have noticed that the helis under those lights seem slightly more rubust and vigorous than the ones I have under T5s.

I also use maxsea weekly and feed crickets from time to time - once a month or so.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Slightly cooler nights may also lead to more red coloration, if you're into that. Say 56 to 58.

I have also noticed more pronounced growth in the plants that I have switched to the mix recommended in the link as opposed to a peat based mix.

Happy growing!
-@.
I haven't had a chant to read it yet so I'm not sure what they use. I have mine in LFS, pearlite, with a litter turface mixed in.

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!