Hey everyone, how's it goin?
When I first started growing a member here - Alvin415 - gave me a few plants to get me going on some things that I had never grown before. His generosity and patience/willingness to share information and experience really catapulted my journey into carnivores beyond VFTs. At one point I told him that I don't know how I could ever repay him and his response was - If you are ever successful enough with any of these to propagate them, and you want to, just find someone on the forum that has never grown one before and give them a plant.
So here we are, almost exactly 3 years later and one of his plants has a basal which I have been able to remove and root. So it is my turn to give back to the community that has given so much to me. This particular hybrid is a pretty easy grower and a great starting point for Nepenthes in my opinion. This clone is pretty vigorous as you will see in the pictures that follow.
Ok, here's the deal - it's going to be quite different from the traditional give away format -
1. I would like all entrants to be new to Nepenthes. I'm not going to go checking grow lists, let's just go by the honor system.However, if I do discover an entrant is already growing Nepenthes said entrant will be disqualified.
2. Entrants should list the plants they grow - not your entire grow list, just the Genus you currently have.
3. Entrants shall submit their findings in the research they have done on Nepenthes cultivation and specifically
x Lady Luck an it's requirements. Special consideration given to submissions in "care sheet" format.
4. Anything obviously copied and pasted from the internet or from another entrants' submission will result in disqualification. I'm looking for what you have learned in your own words about growing Nepenthes and how you intend to care for this particular plant if you win.
5. Deadline for submission is Sunday evening 9/16/18 - by midnight. A winner will be selected and announced Monday. The plant will be shipped on Tuesday, potted in fresh mix and a larger pot so you won't have to worry about repotting any time soon.
Lastly, if any of you more seasoned growers would like to get in on this and help me select a winner, please feel free to PM me with your selection and reason.
Finally, here's the mamma - Please forgive the mess, I was a way for over a year and am just now getting around to cleaning things up.
And here's the basal -
Thank you for looking and thank you to all members new and old for helping to spread the joy of growing these wonderful plants.
-Charles Steven Coleman Jr. RIP
"If you had one more eye you'd be a Cyclops, which explains missing the premise."