FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By iamjacksplants
I'm looking for N. villosa, N. macrphylla, N. edwardsiana, N. hamata, N. glabrata etc. Also looking for U. arcuata, U. campbelliana, U. delphinioides, U. graminifolia, U. jamesoniana, U. menziesii... Long list I know but I'm hoping someone here has one or two of these.

Cheers,
-@.
By kwoook
I feel like your best bet is probably wistuba. I've been checking around and so far nobody has really responded with highland offers like these. Or you can gamble on ebay. There are some hybrids out right now that are being sold by some reputable sellers

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
By iamjacksplants
Yeah... I've been seriously considering it. I've never ordered from overseas before, so I'm concerned about the customs process. I believe large nurseries have an arrangement with customs to expedite the process. I don't know that it's possible to do that as a private grower. Then there's the wait time. I work out of town frequently and for long periods. So when I'm around I repair/upgrade my grow area and expand the collection. I like to have the newer plants nice and settled in before I hit the road. So if I was to order from them I would almost have to get a group order going and then have someone receive and hold the plants until I was back at the house to take delivery, which could be several months. Seems like a bit much to ask of someone.

If I find something I'll let you know.

Cheers,
-@.
By kwoook
Yeah i am a little hesitant too, but it seems like wistuba has a customs person in the us, so you just pay a fee of like 60 euros for shipping/customs. I know native exotics is also having an inventory update at 5pm est so, you might wanna check that out. They had a few hamatas for sale and in their previous update I think in feb, they didn't sell out until like a week or two after the update. They were going for like $155. At the prices in the US tho, I convinced myself that it was just more worth the value of buying an extra plant at wistuba and waiting for them to send it. I ended up getting a macro and hamata with shipping/customs coming out to around $200 USD.
By iamjacksplants
Wow! Congratulations! I started poking around there again and I noticed what you're saying about the 60 euros and US distribution. Pretty tempting. My only issue now is that I will certainly be working 6 or 7 days a week several hundred miles from home in summer when the plants I'm interested in will be available for shipping. I also wanted to pre-order the N. hamata x edwardsiana but I couldn't figure out how. Maybe I'll call them and see if I can order plants and then have them hold them till winter when I get some down time again. Did they give you a lead time on your order?

Cheers,
-@.
By kwoook
yeah i ordered it i think around feb/early march and they said they would be sending it sometime in may. You can try to see if they'd be willing. From what I see from their site, it says that one isn't available, so maybe if you email/call you might be able to ask when it will be around. I think it's really worth it to just bite the bullet and pay for 60 Euro fee tbh. I mean, there's a macro being sold on native exotics right now at $250. I just can't justify paying for something like that when you can just get it overseas and wait a bit.

If you're planning to do it solo like I did, I think it might be worth it to post in the "Group Order" section under "sales, trades, and wants" to see if anyone is interested, cuz if someone joins, at least you save a bit, but if nobody does, you were already like ready to pay the 60 ya know? I was thinking of doing it, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people are that active on these forums tbh
By mballard3513
Generally wistuba doesn’t ship to the US during winter. I can’t remember exactly when they stopped shipping last year but I want to say September or October.
The plants definitely tend to need babying at first, I’d be nervous if I was away and my set up wasn’t 100% reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mballard3513 liked this
By kwoook
Welp, it's almost the end of May and I haven't had any word about when they would be shipping the plants... I emailed them to follow up but no response. I'm getting antsy cuz I see native exotics updating their store with AW plants so I feel like they got their shipments already. Did you end up ordering from them?

By iamjacksplants
No, I sure didn't. That's a drag, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get it sorted out. Perhaps NE is getting their plants first due to the size and frequency of orders. Not cool there's no response to email. No phone number?

Good luck,
-@.
By kwoook
Yeah... Maybe I'll just have to be more patient. Ive heard that contacting him has been difficult for many. He has a number but since he's in Germany I'm trying to avoid the international call lol. I'll keep ya posted and maybe put up some pictures once I get them

By kwoook
Hey, got a response from Wistuba. They're coming in from Germany this week so super stoked. If you're still interested in hamatas, native exotics still has wistuba clones 1-4 from $155 available

By iamjacksplants
That's great, glad to hear you got it sorted out. I would like to see pictures when you get your order.

I was able to get a hamata from one of the members here. Unfortunately USPS failed miserably and the poor thing spent 14 days in the box. It was in pretty sad shape but still alive. A testiment to the grower for sure. It has was a little rocky for a while, the plant was turning yellow and the tip of the growth point turned black but it seems to be on the mend now. Nice and green again with a new leaf from the growth point. I still have it bagged, but I'm confident it will pull through now.

I also was able to get my hands on villosa, glabrata, jamesoniana, quelchii, humboldtii, jitka and geminiloba. I have a lead on macrophylla and edwardsiana as well but they won't be ready for a few months. Which is just as well - I'm about out of room! Hahaha.

Cheers,
-@.
By kwoook
Wow that's awesome and quite a collection! You named a few that I haven't heard of before but it sounds like quite a handful. I just got a shipping notification from the US distributor so should be soon. I'll take pictures!

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!