FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Morpheus
The only way Cali carnivores would've sold you those seeds is if you live in California. Certain organizations like the ICPS and Meadowview Biological Research station have the permits to sell seeds and plants of those CITES restricted plants. You do bring up a valid point though, some of these plants, S. oreophila in particular, are actually somewhat common in cultivation, even though they are endangered in the wild. Seeds collected from plants in cultivation are a great way to spread these species through the hobby and aren't really a risk to give away to inexperienced growers. Maybe one day with the help of conservation efforts some of these plants will be removed from CITES. Until then, we just get to rely on the generosity of others :)
By Nancy
Hmmm....I don't live in California. I bought them last summer and they must be from their cultivated plants since they sold them to me. Noticed last night on their website it says they can't ship those seeds out of CA. I don't recall it saying that last summer or I wouldn't have been able to order them. Unless they sent me something other than Oreophila's but labeled as such??
I also bought purpurea venosa seeds from them too and one growing in that pot looks waayyy different then a purpurea lol. Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be in the future.
Anyhow, I think I've found homes for the Alata and Flava's. Thank you to everyone who PM'ed me about those!
By Morpheus
Hmm... That's a little weird. I wonder what happened. Oh well! What's done is done haha. It's very hard to ensure a perfect pollination attempt between two plants, there's always the possibility that pollen from another plant will get in unintentionally. I'm interested in how these turn out!

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!