FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By David F
Dionae, I have prickly pears that were collected near my house from years and years ago. Needless to say they are massive.

I can give seed once the fruit rots away, I can root you a cutting (extremely easily). But be careful they can become a huge weed if you let them. Right now they are starting to sag and look shriveled as they always do for winter.

Let me know.
By Dionae
Id love a pad or 2. No need to root them though. I have plenty cacti roiting experience. The PPs will root just lying flat on a table theyre so easy:D. Thanks David! Need anything in return?

If anyone has the spineless, purple or strange/unique varieties lmk. I'll hook you up for some pads.
By David F
I also have a weird variety from near a Navajo park. It hasn't done any growth for me in 2 years but I think it's still alive, if I can legally collect a unique looking pad (as I've seen purple/orangy yellow colors before), I'll break one off for you.

Would you also be interested in a bur cactus... it's a prickly pear in all the sense but it's round instead, and it's not fruited for me.

Got any live sphagnum or utricularia?
By Dionae
I want as many varieties as I can get my hands on and does the other cacti have edible fruit?

I have some weedy utric(no ID) and plenty of sphag dude. I actually meant to send you some but it slipped my mind.
By David F
I can't say for certain whether it does, as it has never flowered or fruited for me, but I've eaten the new growth before with no problems. The other prickly pear though, the huge ones. They make really nice yellow flowers and the fruit is very purple and very edible.

Does the utric flower? I need all the live sphag I can get o.O (cause I luv it :o )
David F liked this
By David F
Okay, I'll get pics up when I can, I'm not sure if the dormant pricklies will root super easily, but they will in the spring for sure.

If you fertilize with osmocote you'll get a ton of growth, or any fertilizer. These will do better long term in the soil. I can't find a pot large enough to keep them happy for more than a few months without having them set back compared to the ones in the rock garden.
By jjimenez831
Dionae! I've got two baby pads from a friend, I don't remember the name but they are muticolored! They have two different greens and a very royal purple all swirled together like a 1960's painting! Not sure if your interested but there is some new growth, which has all been in the last month. So I figure I can send you one of the little pads or after I grow them a bit longer, I can send you more, larger pads!!
By David F
Lol @ size comment.

It's weird because even though the green pricklies are really really comon, the color morphs are pretty rare in nature. The plants are extremely stunted in nature compared to their monstrous growth outdoors IMO.

Where did your friend get those plants jjimenez?
David F liked this
By jjimenez831
Like i said very small! The color isnt really showing up on my phone at the moment, but the can see the red/purple and the green, just not really the two different greens.
Attachments:
WP_20141201_019.jpg
WP_20141201_019.jpg (147.95 KiB) Viewed 3371 times
WP_20141201_020.jpg
WP_20141201_020.jpg (190.3 KiB) Viewed 3371 times

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!