FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
I want to get a drosera rotundifolia (or a couple of them if possible). Does anyone have divisions they could sell me? Or know where to buy a rotundifolia? I have seen some on ebay, but they look pretty beat-up in the pics. Upon arrival I imagine they would not be in much better condition.

I unfortunately don't have many divisions of my own plants so I can't really trade anything right now.
By entropy81
I might eventually. I have a few young seedlings and a couple older seedlings. The older ones seem to have gone into hibernation in the middle of June/July under 16 hours of light. As I understand it they are tricky ones to grow indoors as they expect a lot of seasonal queues. I'd probably have more luck outside with them. None are nearly as big as a dime yet.
By SundewWolf
Cool! Thanks for letting me know.

I also heard from someone that they are a bit sensitive (he said he only had luck growing them unintentionally in his live sphag).

I was planning on trying to grow them outdoors in full sun like my intermedias, standing in an inch of water. Leaving them out till late november then trying a short-photo period dormancy. I would be hesitant to let them freeze solid. Maybe half inside half outside in case one does better in either environment.
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!