FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bannister
I ordered an FTS Purple Ambush that had a 1-inch cut flower. I decided to cut that inch and try to see if it would propagate, and what do you know? I had a successful stem pulling and it has grown 5 full leaves so far!

In its new pot after repotting today, August 1:

September 1:

September 28 (Time to trade!):

I consider its birthday July 1 because that's when I started noticing growth (after 2 months of waiting).

I want to trade for a Drosera Regia. Any takers? I might let it grow for a couple more months before trading though. I'll keep photos updated. It is a vigorous grower, so I'll post at the beginning of every month.
Also open to trading for multiple pink/white Pinguiculas.
Last edited by bannister on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By kronos1996
I'm afraid you must ignore my previous hint at a trade... I know a couple of good Drosera sources and was about the order lots of Sundew varieties, so I assumed I could just grab one of those while I was at it. I had no idea how rare and expensive they are! I might try some from seeds, and from what I've read you might as well do the same.
By bannister
I guess it's relatively rare. I figured people just didn't like the plant. There are some on eBay that are outrageously priced.
Considering most places average $35 for a Regia, I think it's fair-ish for a $50 Purple Ambush.

I have seeds, and they could probably get to a good size in 6 months, but I lack patience! I want things now now now.
By bannister
SundewWolf wrote:If no one else gives you an offer, I may divide a Regia offshoot in a month or so if you are willing to wait. I will see if it roots successfully.
I'll definitely be interested. I think a month or two will be a better time to trade.
I'm just letting the leaf pulling grow; it is doing very well at the moment.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!