Page 1 of 1

Want List UPDATE 10.28.14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:26 am
by ironjaws
Though I am new to cultivating plants, I find flytraps extremely intriguing. On my list of wants are, and in no particular order:

Flytraps-
- Creeping Death
- Purple Ambush
- Alien
-DC XL
-Triton
- Cup Trap
-Cheerleader
-Angel Wings
-FTS Archangel
-Any "freak" flytrap

Sarracenia-
- S. x mitchelliana x willisii
- Gates of Hell
- Medusa


Hopefully I'll be able to find these babies and give them a good home :D . I'm sure that my list will expand as time goes on :lol: .

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:42 pm
by ironjaws
I'd also like to have a BIG POT O' SEED GROWNS :D !

Imma have to find me a big pot and some seeds, it'll be my first time growing flytraps from seed. I'm planning on doing this next spring but I'm already kinda excited about it.

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:34 am
by Droseracloner314
Good luck on your seed growns! I'm a few months into my first set and they are very fun to grown from seed. Did you still need a Maroon Monster? Good growing!

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:59 am
by ironjaws
Droseracloner314 wrote:Good luck on your seed growns! I'm a few months into my first set and they are very fun to grown from seed. Did you still need a Maroon Monster? Good growing!


Thanks, Droseracloner314 :D . I imagine that having an already developed flytrap plant and caring for it is way different that sowing the seeds and watching them bust out of the cramped little space and finally put out mini-traps. Yeah I'm still looking for a maroon monster, I'm still looking for most of the plants on my list, actually. Although I'm having second thoughts about the Purple Ambush; I saw the auction on ebay :shock: , they ARE beautiful plants, worth every penny. Good growing to you too :D !

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:20 am
by Droseracloner314
Yeah the purple ambush is still not on my list! And I was determined to get that one off eBay, seriously I was going to spend whatever I needed........ And then I forgot about the auctuion for about ten minutes. I was so upset. I saw what it went for and was ready to pay much more than that so I was bummed about my absent mindedness! My Alien was far worse of a bill but its worth every penny. If you can find one! I'd be happy to send you a maroon monster, I have three. They are my favorite all red cultivar. And they get massive! Let me know if you want one. Good luck on your list. I started collecting in the beginning of January this year and now I'm up to my eyeballs in flytraps! Have a good one!

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:29 am
by ironjaws
Droseracloner314 wrote:Yeah the purple ambush is still not on my list! And I was determined to get that one off eBay, seriously I was going to spend whatever I needed........ And then I forgot about the auctuion for about ten minutes. I was so upset. I saw what it went for and was ready to pay much more than that so I was bummed about my absent mindedness! My Alien was far worse of a bill but its worth every penny. If you can find one! I'd be happy to send you a maroon monster, I have three. They are my favorite all red cultivar. And they get massive! Let me know if you want one. Good luck on your list. I started collecting in the beginning of January this year and now I'm up to my eyeballs in flytraps! Have a good one!


Aw, I forgot to add Alien to my list, thanks for reminding me :) !

Oh, seriously :o ?! I'd LOVE to have a maroon monster :D ! That is extremely kind of you to offer :D .I started collecting this year also, as a birthday gift to myself. Wow, I don't know what to do with myself right now, I'd seriously love to have a maroon monster :D :D :D . This is just proof that the folks here are VERY, VERY, VERY super cool!

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:12 am
by ironjaws
Hey, Droseracloner314,

I've got to tell ya' something :oops: . I just got my order that I put into the a store today. I don't know what I'm thinking, but I ordered a Maroon Monster along with a Big Mouth and a WIP Slim Snapper (I'll post pics in my grow list). I thought I had ordered something else :? . So I must retract my accepting your offer of a Maroon Monster. I seriously appreciate that you offered to send me one :) . So in return, if I have a plant that you'd like, I'd be happy to send you one. :D . I'd just like to wait for them to get acclimated before I have to uproot and ship, etc. :D

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:15 am
by Goodkoalie
Are you interested in any sarracenias?

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:28 am
by ironjaws
Goodkoalie wrote:Are you interested in any sarracenias?


Not at the moment, Goodkoalie. I'm starting to run low on space, my share of the backyard is getting full. I have most ,if not all, of them in their own pots. I'm going to wait until next spring/summer to consolidate and make more room... At least that's the plan 8-) .

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:53 pm
by Droseracloner314
ironjaws wrote:Hey, Droseracloner314,

I've got to tell ya' something :oops: . I just got my order that I put into the a store today. I don't know what I'm thinking, but I ordered a Maroon Monster along with a Big Mouth and a WIP Slim Snapper (I'll post pics in my grow list). I thought I had ordered something else :? . So I must retract my accepting your offer of a Maroon Monster. I seriously appreciate that you offered to send me one :) . So in return, if I have a plant that you'd like, I'd be happy to send you one. :D . I'd just like to wait for them to get acclimated before I have to uproot and ship, etc. :D


No worries man, there was a few times that I ordered stuff and had forgotten until I opened the box up! I couldnt take any of your new flytraps from you, you enjoy them I think ill be ordering one of those slim snappers, I'm going to try and add to my tall plants! Congrats on getting some good plants and have a good one.

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:55 am
by Goodkoalie
ironjaws wrote:
Goodkoalie wrote:Are you interested in any sarracenias?


Not at the moment, Goodkoalie. I'm starting to run low on space, my share of the backyard is getting full. I have most ,if not all, of them in their own pots. I'm going to wait until next spring/summer to consolidate and make more room... At least that's the plan 8-) .

Let me know, if you are ever intrested. :D

Re: Want List

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 am
by ironjaws
I have added some Sarracenia's to my want list...