FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Tony C
Posts:  352
Joined:  Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am
#180188
Trade Pending

Thought I would post this here since there is some overlap in interests. Will trade for Sarracenia or sell for $18 shipped in the US.

Ootheca:
Image

Mom:
Image

Dad:
Image

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Tony C on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tony C
Posts:  352
Joined:  Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am
#180241
rellenburg wrote:Good luck! I have to say that NOTHING creeps me out more than the breeding behavior of a mantis...
Come on, it is hilarious to walk in and see a headless body hanging on still mating. :D
By Tony C
Posts:  352
Joined:  Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am
#180267
akinkysnorlax wrote:How long to Mantids live if they are not getting their heads cut off?
Generally 6 months to a year depending on species and sex. Females typically live longer than males.
By mnwatson1
Posts:  696
Joined:  Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 pm
#180270
Tony C wrote:
rellenburg wrote:Good luck! I have to say that NOTHING creeps me out more than the breeding behavior of a mantis...
Come on, it is hilarious to walk in and see a headless body hanging on still mating. :D
Is it morbid that I actually want to see this now? XD

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
By Tony C
Posts:  352
Joined:  Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am
#180271
mnwatson1 wrote:
Tony C wrote:
rellenburg wrote:Good luck! I have to say that NOTHING creeps me out more than the breeding behavior of a mantis...
Come on, it is hilarious to walk in and see a headless body hanging on still mating. :D
Is it morbid that I actually want to see this now? XD

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We grow plants that eat animals, a dark sense of humor is almost a given in this community. :lol:
Tony C liked this
By mnwatson1
Posts:  696
Joined:  Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 pm
#180303
Tony C wrote: We grow plants that eat animals, a dark sense of humor is almost a given in this community. :lol:
True enough! The real question is, do we have the morbid sense of humor because of the plants, or are we fascinated with them because of it?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
USPS changes

I heard they're also changing the method and times[…]

Sorry I would of put you a link but I have no idea[…]

I used dried fruit flies for my cp's as the food s[…]

It's flowering???

i think refridgeration wouldn't harm it and it sho[…]

Non vft virgin

Thanks apollyon. I grow indoors in a grow closet. […]

Hats off to yall

Dean please stop crying man your embarrassing m[…]

FTS Towering Giant

I'll need to get me one of those one of these days[…]

D. madagascariensis

Yes, I've noticed it has had a growth spurt this s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!