FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By FBIMOBSTER
Than tell him if he sends me my plant back if will REFUND HIM his money and the the shipping that it costs him to send it back! Tell him don't complain if he don't want to send it back to get a refund because I AM NOT GIVING HIM A REFUND WITHOUT HIM SENDING ME MY PLANT!
By JB_Orchidguy
You are acting like an irate child. Growing ten years my arse. You have the mentality of a hot headed teen age kid. First off the plant arrived with only two growth points in tact. I would never be trying to get one over on someone. I have a reputation for being a very generous trader and support getting new people started in the hobby. I would have second guessed myself before making a deal with you. With this shady deal, how do I know you would refund once you got it back? The plant will be DOA it looks too weak to ship honestly the others will recover. Just would have been nice to be told the needed tlc. Live and learn. It really doesn't matter if you gave a 50% discount from what you paid, the plants were depreciated more than the 50%. they were not worth the price in their condition. It will take work and tlc to get the nice again.

Do the nepenthes a favor and stop growing them. It us apparent you don't have the skills nor equipment needed to over winter them.
By Matt
This is getting a bit ugly and perhaps isn't the proper venue to have such a discussion. Would you guys (JB_Orchidguy and FBIMOBSTER) please take your discussion offline, either via PM or email? You've both said your piece and I don't want this thing getting out of hand here on the public forums.

Thanks for your understanding.
By JB_Orchidguy
I do need to set the record straight. When I asked to trade it for the vent x ephi, it was so you wouldn't have to do a refund and you would have gotten your roots back.

And Matt I felt it proper to inform folks of his plants before they too were swindled. I feel part of this community and even though I don't frequent here as much as other places I know a lot that do.

I'm done with this. Live and learn.
By CPgrower
Hi. I got my plants too. I repotted them all and am nursing a few. Most looked okay. There were some spotty leaves on the ventricosa, which I hope are just burns and not fungus. The only one I had a problem with is the albomarginata. Most of the leaves look like they are on their way out, and the traps are crispy/crushed. However, there is new growth in the middle that is green. I would agree that it was a half and half of good plants, and TLC plants. I think we were all in a hurry to get the ones we wanted, but the seller also offered pictures in my emails with him. Overall good plants, but I was taken aback by the state of some. :) Also, all the plants were packaged well! So that's a plus. :) I will not be sending back the one, as it is not worth the trouble and I'm sure I can get it going in the greenhouse.
By Matt
JB_Orchidguy wrote:And Matt I felt it proper to inform folks of his plants before they too were swindled.
I appreciate that you posted back with feedback of the transaction and I had no problem with that. It was your post directly above mine which that contained some text that seemed to me like it stepped over the line from "informing folks of his plants before they too were swindled" to attacking someone because you felt like you got a bad deal. Those types of things are best said in private, not in an open forum. That's all I was trying to say.
By HeliLover
I'm sorry but JB is right in saying that they will not make shipping. Also, the plants look like they have bad root rot and you can not blame that on cold weather. I dont know JB very well but he is a very nice, honest guy and has a lot of experience. I think you should give him a full refund and let him keep the plants so they have at least a slim chance of survival. Those plants obviously looked like that when you shipped them out.

Regards, Heli
By FBIMOBSTER
Me and JB emailed each other 20 something times and I told him if he send me back the plant that is (dead) I will give him a refund for the plant and the shipping that it cost him to send it back to me!!!I have been nice to you(JB) the hole 22 emails and all you and all your buddies wants is to BASH me and get some FREE plant!
So if you have any more problems JB contact me at 901-239-2918
And I'm SORRY Matt I have been NICE to him and still being Nice but I don't know what he wants!
and Matt I will send all the flowers tomorrow they are all 2 to 3 inchs!
And SORRY AGAIN Matt!!!!
By HeliLover
That plant would be considered compost material for many people. I have seen much nicer plant been given away, for what you sent him he fully deserves the money back AND the ability to keep.
By Undulatifolia
No it's true... Some of those plant are just completely unacceptable for sale.

The N. insignis and N. platychila, really? Really? They are almost entirely dead. You're better off giving them away to someone who can repot them, re-root them, and then give them nearly perfect conditions so that their feeble growth points can *maybe* be saved.

But 60 dollars... Lol! That's absurd. Seriously if you are concerned for the welfare of these plants but need to get your money back, I would put them on ebay with no reserve so that if anyone is interested they will pay a fair price for them and hopefully save them.
Undulatifolia liked this
By FBIMOBSTER
Just got to my computer have not updated but ALL PLANTS ARE SOLD AS OF 3/15/12! I am going to leave the pics upand not put SOLD on the main post because I want to see how many respond!!!
Thanks
By Eric
CPcaregiver wrote:Hey Eric,what up about those rhizomes?Are you gonna sell them,trade them,or give them away?I'm really interested... :D

Hey there CPcaregiver,
I was going to trade them. Sorry for not replying earlier. :D I didn't see your post. :( Sorry about that)
By JB_Orchidguy
No Mike, your emails have not been nice. They are full of attitude and discontent like these posts. I will be contacting you. Maybe there won't be a communication breakdown over the phone. And just for the record I never asked anyone to come to this thread to bash you.
By girlzano167
:lol: :lol: FMIMobsters you better hope he doesn't take this to paypal just based on the way you talk here it will be an easy case for JB. If this is you being nice, then I would hate to see you in a bad mood :lol:
Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!