FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Joshuamarshall792
I set up my lamp by making my own lamp shade by taking off the bulb connection fixture, wiring it through the basket then re-wired the fixture back on once the wires were through the basket, then I put the cover to the metal fixture back on, then I put in a Philips 100 watt LED bulb, and finally I wrapped the inside of the basket with aluminum foil, as a reflector, I turned the lamp on, boy was that thing blinding, it was definitely more than good enough for my CPs, the vfts are all under the light right now in my closet, I made sure to water them with 2 full cups of RO system water, they are doing very well right now, my maroon monster is waking up from dormancy! So are my other vfts I have pictures to show y'all!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

By Benny
I did do the same thing! And you know what they say, great minds think alike!! Well, I do still have the original cover, but I used to fool to get as much out of the bulb as possible... Seems to work just fine and is barely enough to give my traps a little color. I can't wait till spring so I can put the Flytraps outside though.

I ran a little experiment. I took 2 cups of peat[…]

Death cube surprise

They look nice, but at least for me they tend t[…]

Nepenthes seeds

Hey, when were these harvested? Sent from my S[…]

Cape Sundew Death???

That foliage and stem look dead. It may sprout pl[…]

Non vft virgin

Welcome to the party! :mrgreen:

The seeds were mailed on August 6th, and the winne[…]

August bonus

Thank you very much, I hope it works soon🤞 I reall[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0127. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!