FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By cwm1
My 2 initial flytraps are doing well. Some new growth and they got some spiders. Have been putting them outside in the sun along with the Sarrs when 40F and above. Coming along very nicely.

Today in the mail I received 1 Big Mouth, 1 Liberty Co Fl, and 2 B-52s. Sweet. Got them potted up, those red Solo cups come in handy when you can't find any pots! LOL.
https://imgur.com/LwcLWvX
Can't wait to get these guys outside.
By Fly Trap Hunter
liberty co fl fly trap? be careful not to buy poached fly traps. and fly traps are not indigenous to florida, so if it was taken from the ground, it had been planted there by someone. fly traps do live in florida but would be considered alien and not native.
white 20 oz styrofoam cups work better
By cwm1
Right. These are from a long time established CP grower in CA. You’re right I have to get some cups or pots. The solo cups are what I had on hand to get them into some soil. thanks Charlie.
By Fly Trap Hunter
i know who you are referring too. cool. i want to get some plants from him too.
By cwm1
Fly Trap Hunter, I have gotten a bunch of Sarrs from him too. The fly traps arrived in good condition, considering that the USPS had decided to send them down to Philadelphia for a side trip and partially crushed the box. Sheesh!
By Fly Trap Hunter
I want some mature Darlingtonia Californicas and some Fat Mouth(not sure that's the name) S. Purpura. really wide mouth. I am mostly a fly trap grower, but I am experimenting to see what I can keep alive. I have killed alot of plants. But its ok. I learn as I go. And I'm still having fun
By cwm1
I love the Purps. Mike has some collection of them. Just ask tell him what you're looking for. Having fun and learning go hand in hand.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!