FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Do_Gon
Kinda new here but I believe that is normal just from relocating it. The plant needs to acclimate to it's new surroundings. The traps in it might turn black and die but the new growth will be healthy. Also, it's winter. Vfts usually go dormant in winter and that is a good thing for them. Without going dormant, they will only last a few years then completely die. After Winters over and your plant is out of dormancy, put it outside in full sun. THEN , it will grow like a beast. Hope this info helps you out until someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
By Matt
Joshuamarshall792 wrote:Matt, is it normal for the traps that are green to turn brown and to grow slower?
I can't see what you're referring to from the photos. The plant looks perfectly healthy to me.

Your question confuses me a bit. Traps don't "grow" after turning brown. Once they go brown, they are dead.
By Matt
I still can't see anything in the photos to be concerned about. I do see the very small brown edge on one of the leaves which was probably due to shipping or repotting damage. Nothing to worry about at all and certainly nothing to sacrifice the entire new leaf over.

It is great that you're super excited about the plant and want to do the best for it but flytraps really do best when left largely alone in a sunny place so long as they are checked regularly for moisture levels. After all of the repotting and cutting off a new healthy leaf, I'd suggest just letting it settle in and be comfortable for a while.
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!