FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Joshuamarshall792
I love this plant, it has been growing for awhile without any humidity, I got it from Walmart, I am at school with it, the plant is small, small pot, any other advice for my healthy VFT??? I am proud of this plant!!! If there is any thing else i did wrong? Tell me, I am getting this plant to grow!!! Finally! :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (846.2 KiB) Viewed 682 times
By Artchic528
That plant looks really bad. What are it's growing conditions?

Where is it normally kept?
How much sunlight does it get?
What soil do you use?
How big is the pot?
What kind of water are you using and how often do you water?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
By Joshuamarshall792
It is usually kept in a south facing window, I give it RO water, this plant was really small when I separated the plants and I pruned off the dead/dying traps that weren’t doing so well, and it started to come back, the plant wasn’t in the best condition when I got it, it was very sick, I separated the baby plants, they are sitting in a small thing of RO water, until I can get them new peat moss, and some deep small pots, this plant has always been a slow grower not fast at all, please I need to know how to get it to grow fast, without causing any harm to the plant :D oh and the soil is pure peat moss without any additives, it is usually in my room, the root system is still small so I am using a smaller pot
By Artchic528
Venus flytraps are outdoor plants and require a lot of direct sunlight and a period of dormancy during the colder winter months. If you can, keep it outside in a spot where it will get several hours of sunlight daily, but make sure to acclimate it first so it won't go into shock.

By SundewWolf
You are going to need to give it full sun outdoors or buy a high quality grow lights indoors. By "high quality" i mean a Yescom 225 panel would be fine, you just can't have some cheap incandescent bulb or something over it and call it a day.
By Joshuamarshall792
My 2 Venus fly traps that are 1 year(s) old, Love it outside, I keep them on the side of our house on top of our trash cans, believe it or not they’re outside right now!!! :D the plants love it out there, I think I am going to over winter the plants, because how small they are, then I’ll bring them out in the spring, so they can continue their outdoor life, and I’ll let them go dormant next winter, so just a heads up, I got these plants from the Walmart in buda Texas, I live in Kyle Texas, these plants weren’t so happy when I got them, it is cooler (70 degrees Fahrenheit) so they got a bunch f light today, I’m glad :lol: , hopefully they are alright, not burning, and none of the children are touching them :evil: because they are obsessed with them, anyways have a good day
By Artchic528
Happy growing!

Pest Identification and Control

Can anyone help me ID these very small crawling in[…]

Fly trap dormancy is NOT necessary

Time to end this pissing contest. For credentials[…]

Howdy

The trap looks like it has indigestion. They tu[…]

Nepenthes seeds

How long does it take to grow to a semi decent […]

According to the Slang Dictionary: Yeet is an exc[…]

I forgot to add the pictures. https://uploads.tapa[…]

GJ Bloody Nurse

What’s this I see? ;)

You can probably try requesting them again if they[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!