FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By lemonlily
What is thaaaaat? A punnet square?

Hey is it possible to get the plant into a brown colour because red and green makes brown?
Okay I'm not very smart but I'm just wonderin'...
By kittyklaws
uhhh...prolly not considering how the red and green colorations aren't codominate genes nor have incomplete dominance/intermediate forms...
Last edited by kittyklaws on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Timmy
My favorite Is the Dionaea Muscipula Dentata! I LOVE the teeth and I'm obsessed with it :D
By Julian
hi,

i can confirm wacky trap is a slow grower, here in europe we find it easally, i sold 15 last month on cpuk for 15 euros.

iput dluated fertilizer but not in trap, because it make trap died and black, i put fertilizer at roots, and it works, wacky can't captur insect, his trap take long time for closed.

My favourite vft hum it's difficult there is many form very beautiful and interresting like

wacky trap
louchapates
coquillage
red piranah
fused tooth.

my best is coquillage, really beautiful
By JimsPlants
Julian wrote: My favourite vft hum it's difficult there is many form very beautiful and interresting like

wacky trap
louchapates
coquillage
red piranah
fused tooth.
louchapates!

any photos?
By dionaea muscipula
lemonlily wrote:What is thaaaaat? A punnet square?

Hey is it possible to get the plant into a brown colour because red and green makes brown?
Okay I'm not very smart but I'm just wonderin'...
you should know that by now. A punnett square is used to find the possible traits of the offspring. here is an example of a punnett square
img13.gif
img13.gif (2.16 KiB) Viewed 4881 times
basically you fill it up with the traits of the mother and father on the the sides, in this example the farther has two dominant traits (RR) and the mother two recessive (rr) you fill it by top to bottom and left to right to see what the offspring would look like, for example the capital R could represent tall plants and lowercase r could represent short plants . hope that answered your question and if you still don't understand it okay i really suck at explaining stuff...
By Veronis
Coquillage is very unique, I've been trying to find one for a long time.
Julian wrote:coquillage
louchapates
Are these vigorous growers, or or are they more like dentate and don't grow very fast?

I'd be interested to hear anything you can tell us about the characteristics of either of these. :)
By tonge50
I agree with Timmy. Dente or Dentata is a great looking VFT with big traps and triangle teeth. The one I have colors up really well in the sun. My bare root 'Pink' is growing fast and has nice deep color with green highlights. Someone else mentioned Dutch as a vigorous grower. I will have to try that one. One of my best VFTs is one I got from Home Depot last year. I don't know the variety, but it is very bright red with large traps on short petiols that stay low. Nice flytrap :D
By AmyJane
Fused tooth has to be my fave and also red line, but i've had difficulty finding a red line. Wacky traps look really cool too!
By Zomboni
My favorite is the 'clayton's red sunset and the B52'
By Ronnie
My favourite from my collection is my sawtooth and sharkstooth..

Although i'd really like a cupped trap or wacky trap!

Ron.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!