FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By David F
My oldest is about 5 months old (woot!) And it doesn't even look like a fly trap anymore, (no carnivorous leaves, just stubs with pointy ends.) It grew 6 flower stalks all which I clipped. That seemed to have made it angry and it hasn't grown anything new since. My baby fly traps are doing great however :).
By snapperhead51
jht-union wrote:Wow jonh, by everything you know and have, i thought you were into CP's about 30 years ago. Wow, definitely is not many years.
Am i wrong at guessing that if it was your first sarra, then that means you probably started 12 years ago right? :?
no started 25 years ago but been off and on again , hard to keep track really , been here what 18 years at this house !!started collecting again about 15 ,16 years ago ,have swap, sold and killed plants so ha ha ha hard to know !! like I said could be more ??
By HarrisAz
been interested in CP in 2007 after someone told me about VFT and when i see sundews on our scout trip.but i just have no idea where i can buy them !till last May when i just move in into my new house(which is a terrace and before was a condominium),i get my first nepenthes Ventrata and then a VFT typical + and Drosera Burmannii.

so the oldest is my Vent which has bee with me for 11months,followed by my VFT and sundew(burmanii) which is 9months but the mother of burmannii i have died on middle of march 2011 for setting more than 1000 seeds.

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!