FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Daniel_G
Well,does taste effect the plants? :lol: Still,i may try different types,i may even add coffee or tea to the soil of my FlyTraps :lol: It may prove fun!
By yinepu
I've used both coffee grounds and tea in my garden.. never thought to try it on anything that's potted though...
lol... don't think I would be brave enough to try it on my limited collection of CPs (yeah.. i am a chicken)!

gonna keep an eye on this thread to see how it all turns out
By jht-union
squirtoman wrote:Well,does taste effect the plants? :lol: Still,i may try different types,i may even add coffee or tea to the soil of my FlyTraps :lol: It may prove fun!
:lol: probably not, but i'm guessing if you feed your VFT with a fly, it would be more happier than eating lets say a laddy bug, or a small snail, after all is called Venus flytrap, so i'm guessing taste would have a little percentage over the plants, the better the coffee the better the plant will be, i'm just making a guess without knowing, so don't listen to me, but i do think certain food, will have different effect on CP's.
By Daniel_G
OK,coffee is good for flytraps,as far as the test went,also i've put some watered down coffe on the ether one and i'll tell you how it goes,i may even write an article on it :)
By dantt99
Cool! Can't wait to hear if your plant likes it or not, then I'll try it if it works good :)!
By Daniel_G
Well,nothing bad has happened to it,so i guess it works :D What a discovery!
I've gone to new lengths now too, i've made my own soil mix 45% peat 45% perlite 10% tea leaves 10% sugar and 10% insta coffee :lol: I call it my beverage mix, i'll tell you how the flytrap i nominated does :)
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!