FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By aart
Hello All! This is my first post here. I have been lurking for about a month now and really appreciate all the great info!

I got my first plants on 11/18 and recently started to notice something brown/orange growing. Does anyone know what it is and what I should do? For now i have separated the plant from the others. I have hydrogen peroxide and read here that 3% diluted 1:10 is an option. My plants are in my living room and that's really my only option for the time being so I cant use anything that stinks.

While capturing photos for this post I also noticed a little critter crawling around! Does anybody know what it is and/or should I care?

Photos are taken with a 100mm macro lens with some quick post processing.

Appreciate your help in advance.

The VFTs will be going dormant in the fridge soon.
By Matt
Welcome to the FlytrapCare forums!

It doesn't look like anything I've seen before and since it isn't growing on the plants, I wouldn't worry at all about it.
By sbrooks
Welcome!
aart wrote: While capturing photos for this post I also noticed a little critter crawling around! Does anybody know what it is and/or should I care?
Looks like a silverfish:

https://www.google.com/search?q=silverf ... 966#imgrc=_

The brown and orange things might be a slime mold?

I would pick them out, and then maybe apply the peroxide or some CP-safe fungicide like Dalconil.

Neem Oil for the Silverfish.

Slime molds, fungi, and silverfish love very damp environments. Maybe cut back on moisture a bit.
sbrooks liked this

SASE has been mailed!

Good morning

Sunset red sky in sunny Wales UK. I massively hype[…]

WTB Cephalotus

I have one cephalotus right know that is recoverin[…]

Trading for cuttings

Pm me so we can exchange addresses

Species guessing game

D. hamiltonii?

How tough are Capes, really?

Thankfully, no. Although it probably would have wo[…]

New species donated

Sorry, Dean. Just can't handle that ol' country t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!