FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Hurrikale
My sundew is an annual and has been blooming for more than a month, now it's growing the 4th flower stalk already but I noticed the leaves don't look nice anymore. They're curved and has no dews. Is this because the plant is exhausted from making seeds? Should I stop it by cutting the flower buds off? I have enough seeds already now I just want the plant to flourish.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
By Cross
I can't really help with that because I'm not as knowledgeable with that problem. I would stop the stalks though if they're coming out malformed. How's the rest of the plant?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
Hurrikale wrote:My sundew is an annual and has been blooming for more than a month, now it's growing the 4th flower stalk already but I noticed the leaves don't look nice anymore. They're curved and has no dews. Is this because the plant is exhausted from making seeds? Should I stop it by cutting the flower buds off? I have enough seeds already now I just want the plant to flourish.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
What is the species? Burmannii? Sessilifolia? Indica or indica group?

Do you have a photo?

If it's an annual, it is normal for the plant to grow, flower profusely, and then die.
Lifespan can sometimes be prolonged by feeding the plant heavily.
If conditions have changed for the worse, (temps getting colder, light level decreasing, etc) reversing these changes might extend the life of your plant.

To give a better answer, more info is needed.
Good morning

I want to see sunrise or sunset pics. Share a pic […]

Cape Sundew Death???

Many thanks for the advice. I had a closer look a[…]

New species donated

I actually received these a couple of days ago, bu[…]

Something like this. It is for t5 tubes but I'm su[…]

I want to confirm with you that the SASE was sent […]

I heard something like that on YouTube about the s[…]

Howdy

Screenshot_2020-08-05-22-47-12.png This is weir[…]

Species guessing game

Sorry that's not it

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!