FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By FlyTrap Hunter
riveraXVX wrote:
fluffy123 wrote:They prefer cold climates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
no. not even remotely true. this is like 3 posts in a row on different threads I've read from you giving false or bad information. read more
LMAO. I don't know if many have noticed but fly traps grow in latitude 34north, not much in 33N or 35N. There are huge Forest reserves here and they do regular controlled burns. They burn the forest floors up to 15 to 20 feet but not the tops of the trees. Theoretically the vfs have survived because of the regular forest fires that are caused by lightning. When a forest gets too thick with undergrowth, the fly Traps don't get light. Now, the fire department and forestry service have controlled burns. It opens up the area to sunshine so plants can live. I don't know exactly why they have controlled burns now but it's not because of the Fly Trap. I will get pictures sometimes. All the Forest here is burned to 20 feet above ground.
That said I think Fly Traps can handle some intense heat and still live. They are like that song" I get knocked down but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down."
And seriously the Fly Trap care says keep them between 50F and 60F during dormancy and otherwise here in Fly Trap country we will hit 90s to 100F and very humid but it doesn't stay hot long because it will rain and make it more humid.
And we are semi-tropical. Blah blah blah. I love Fly Traps. ImageImage

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By xr280xr
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:They are like that song" I get knocked down but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down."
LOL...when Chumbawumba makes its way into the discussion, the thread is officially a lost cause. :lol:
By FlyTrap Hunter
xr280xr wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:They are like that song" I get knocked down but I get up again. You are never gonna keep me down."
LOL...when Chumbawumba makes its way into the discussion, the thread is officially a lost cause. Image
Boo! I just posted some interesting facts but I don't argue with people on the internet so have fun with that

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By xr280xr
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Boo! I just posted some interesting facts but I don't argue with people on the internet so have fun with that
Thanks!

The seeds were mailed on August 6th, and the winne[…]

August bonus

Thank you very much, I hope it works soon🤞 I reall[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0127. I'll PM[…]

Drosera Hamiltonii

I have drosera Hamiltonii for sale. $10 for each p[…]

Non vft virgin

Well evenwind sounds like the only way to find out[…]

Is this a HUGE mistake!!!!

Lol thanks Adriana. Ive had the gravel for a coupl[…]

Cape Sundew Death???

Hi Everyone. Here is the picture of my dried up ca[…]

Order received. Your order number is 0126. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!